LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Drag Racer
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were on our way home after eating and kept hearing this car rev like crazy leaving stoplights. So we get up there and it was a mustang about 00-02ish so I pull up about his 1/4 and he takes off :madsign3: then the light catches us an I roll the window down and ask what it has.. He answers back "IT'S GOT FLOWMASTERS" and his g/f is giving us a weird look like she thought that thing was teh shit lol I was like wow your in for a bad day..

We take off and run to about 75-80 I pulled about a car at launch and kept going to about 5 lengths and let off ..Then he pulls the ricer flyby :confused:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Stang with flow's can't be touched:bootyshak

I had a similar run in with a stang GT of that generation. Had a bad launch and he got the jump then proceeded to run him down and keep going. He kept reving the crap out of it all the time. I'll admit it sounded good though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ls1Jeeper said:
Then he pulls the ricer flyby :confused:

Ok all these flybys are getting annoying...:bomb: when i let off after a run, i dont just coast it out, I ALWAYS always tag the brakes hard a few times, 1, it gets me down to the speed limit faster incase po po's are lurking . 2, it lets the ricer boi know that race is over when theres brake lights in his face..

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
CK5.7 said:
Ok all these flybys are getting annoying...:bomb: when i let off after a run, i dont just coast it out, I ALWAYS always tag the brakes hard a few times, 1, it gets me down to the speed limit faster incase po po's are lurking . 2, it lets the ricer boi know that race is over when theres brake lights in his face..
yes thats what i do. hit it 2 quick times and than slow all the way down:patriot:

·
Drag Racer
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CK5.7 said:

Thats what made it worse I was on the brakes back down to 55 and he never lifts and hauls arse by at 100 ... :fawkdance

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ls1Jeeper said:
Thats what made it worse I was on the brakes back down to 55 and he never lifts and hauls arse by at 100 ... :fawkdance

LOL thats a lost cause then, poor delusional GT owner .... :stickpoke

·
wills
236 Posts
I hate to tell you but I have been beating on some of those Mustangs with my V70R wagon:eek2:
I like the new Mustang style much better, but not as much as my Aussie/Vett:)

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
The exhaust on the previous body style Mustang always sounds impressive, but as we all know, just cuz it's loud, don't make it fast.

·
Losing Posts By The Day...
1,192 Posts
Hard to beat the sound of a Mustang with some dual chamber flows. They have one of the best sounds period IMO. I can always tell when I hear one and I will call it before anyone sees it and my buds are always like wtf..how do you know.

Its just a destictive sound.

·
Registered
582 Posts
the ricer blow-by done by the defeated driver is a saving-face/last resort means to milk any drop of exhuberance of the moment to quell their damaged egos. it's an anger/embarrassement/i'm-still-macho lame effort.

cheers on the kill.

·
Registered
6 Posts
loudvegas said:
Hard to beat the sound of a Mustang with some dual chamber flows. They have one of the best sounds period IMO. I can always tell when I hear one and I will call it before anyone sees it and my buds are always like wtf..how do you know.

Its just a destictive sound.
that's because they all sound the same everybody puts flowmasters..there are some fast ones but few and far between...:drink:

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
My buddies cobra (99) sounds unreal. Oh how I wish mine ould sound like that. It really sounds like the engine is breathing. Of course I only get to hear it when he comes over cause when we race, I'm never behind him.
Chuch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts