LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get off of work today and I'm driving home MMYOB, listening to a little mr scruff, I notice a black F150 with chrome rims quickly jump in the passing lane next to me after getting off a local freeway, and onto a pretty wide less traveled road outside of town (its a longer route home, but much less traffic during rush hour) Thinking hes going to pass me, he simply stays in the passing lane next to me, then I hear him gun it which caught me off gaurd and he jumped a car ahead of me. First thing that popped in my head was "an F150, what is this guy on??" So I respond in kind from 35mph and nail it, catching him and pulling by a half a car until I get to a light. I peer over at this guy and notice "harley davidson supercharged F150" badges on the side of his truck. Now I'm not MMYOB, and was intent on giving this guy a stoplight clinic on GM LS motors and power to weight ratio.

The light turns green and I gun it, not even bothering to get up to a 1500rpm squat like I normally do at the track, and this guy quickly becomes a shrinking dot in my rear view mirror. I turn off on my street home.

I never knew that the harley F150s were supercharged until I saw the badges up close. Upon later research online it appears a supercharged version of the 5.4L is the engine. I'm also not sure if he had extra work done on that truck. Anyway, I'm sure they are fast for trucks, but as this guy found out, they wont be chasing down Goats anytime soon...

·
Registered
506 Posts
same motor as the lightning i believe

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
yeah, those things are no match

·
You held down the T/C button?
3,696 Posts
wheelburns said:
same motor as the lightning i believe
Yes it is. Bascially the only difference is the L runs a smaller pulley on the blower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts