LS1GTO Forums banner

04 billet!

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Zinn 
#1 ·
Just had a master cylinder reservoir cover machined for my 04. Not sure if James biz ever made these or not?

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
No, he had it this morning at 8:59am.

#8 ·
Nice!

Here's a picture of the one I made myself about 7 years ago. This picture was taken during the polishing process. It was a pretty easy design. I think I might still even have the dimensions and CAD file for it somewhere

Attachments

#15 ·
No more like I contacted the dude and the price for one is crazy high. I asked him if the price would drop if he made a few more and he said yes. So the idea is get together the 2 or 3 2004 gto owners that actually give a smurf about stuff like this and try to save them some money.

Homeboy told me 100 for a raw one. 200 for an anodized one.

#16 ·
No more like I contacted the dude and the price for one is crazy high. I asked him if the price would drop if he made a few more and he said yes. So the idea is get together the 2 or 3 2004 gto owners that actually give a smurf about stuff like this and try to save them some money.

Homeboy told me 100 for a raw one. 200 for an anodized one.
HOLY SHIT!!!

If you're serious about getting them made, you need to shop elsewhere. If he already has the part programmed and still charges that much, he's doing you no favors with that price point.

I wish I still had access to a CNC milling machine. I cranked mine out in just two operations (one for the top and one for the bottom), within about 20 minutes (including set-up time) with $5.00 worth of scrap stock. If I was running multiples, time per part would be even quicker because set-up time would be divided by the number of parts machined.

It's only aluminum so cut time is under 5 minutes and tooling lasts forever when ripping through the material at about 6000 RPMs.

Machining the top all that is needed is a flycutter, endmill, radius cutter, spot drill and drill.

Bottom side a shell mill, flycutter (really not necessary) and two different endmills are all that's needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.