LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, need a little help. When I purchased my 04 A4 I never had to place my foot on the brake to shift the car from park (key or no key) I was in my mid twenty's and didn't really care. Fast forward to today and I was going to trade it in or do a kbb instant cash offer, I was told they couldn't take the car because the brake lock not working is a safety issue. I don't know much about the interlock solenoid or what it even looks like but every sight I've gone to do far says the part is no longer available for my car. Can someone please help me find the part number for an 04 A4 brake interlock solenoid? Or maybe any others suggestions on what else could cause the shifter not to lock? Thank in advance.

·
1 of 40,757
6,223 Posts
Check the 10 amp fuse slot 15 under the dash.
[edit] That fuse might only keep you stuck in park.

Does the car allow you to shift out of park without the key?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the 10 amp fuse slot 15 under the dash.
[edit] That fuse might only keep you stuck in park.

Does the car allow you to shift out of park without the key?
Yes, I have no problems shifting, I can shift with or without the key and without pushing the brake

·
Registered
574 Posts
Guys, need a little help. When I purchased my 04 A4 I never had to place my foot on the brake to shift the car from park (key or no key) I was in my mid twenty's and didn't really care. Fast forward to today and I was going to trade it in or do a kbb instant cash offer, I was told they couldn't take the car because the brake lock not working is a safety issue. I don't know much about the interlock solenoid or what it even looks like but every sight I've gone to do far says the part is no longer available for my car. Can someone please help me find the part number for an 04 A4 brake interlock solenoid? Or maybe any others suggestions on what else could cause the shifter not to lock? Thank in advance.
A safety issue? hahaha. They were trying to beat you down on the price.

The neutral safety switch is a great idea, so you can't start the car in gear, but the brake interlock on an automatic is just useless.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
A safety issue? hahaha. They were trying to beat you down on the price.

The neutral safety switch is a great idea, so you can't start the car in gear, but the brake interlock on an automatic is just useless.
I agree. Especially if you have the car running and someone puts it in reverse or drive without the brake being pressed. Thats always safe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think they are trying to beat me, they offered 12k but said its contingent on getting the shifter fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure the issue out having the same issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts