LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
I would love to have one of those. However at $1400....I'm a little turned off.

·
riding the wave!
2,293 Posts
Well done! Congratulations on getting all that work done!
Question-how did it go installing the new driveshaft flange to the differential? do you have a picture of it? thanks!

·
riding the wave!
2,293 Posts
Thanks for the pics! yes, that helps, especially the second picture.
I was interested in seeing how it all looked bolted up, and if the bolts are flush with the diff yoke. Maybe the second picture a little more away to see it together? :D
Thanks! great color car, by the way. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the pics! yes, that helps, especially the second picture.
I was interested in seeing how it all looked bolted up, and if the bolts are flush with the diff yoke. Maybe the second picture a little more away to see it together? :D
Thanks! great color car, by the way. :D
ill grab a couple pics once I get it back on the air again. Its getting a alignment and Ill need to get a few miles on it to make sure everything stays tight.

·
riding the wave!
2,293 Posts
ill grab a couple pics once I get it back on the air again. Its getting a alignment and Ill need to get a few miles on it to make sure everything stays tight.
Thanks man! no worries. I have the same setup with a one piece ds, just having issues with it and curious to see someone else's. Enjoy the ride! :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
had a oops moment.

Stock axles with sticker tires and a launch don't mix.

Bought a stock axle for $50 to get me by until I do the engine mods.

Next on the list I just ordered a Wideband and HP Tuners. Figured I should practice with my stock engine before going to cams

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Was that on stock inner stubs too? Lucky it broke at the joint and didn't shear the stub inside the diff instead.

·
Premium Member
36,103 Posts
funny how when someone starts modding this car, they tend to go through a similar journey of breakage as those that came before him, regardless of having knowledge of those stories.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Was that on stock inner stubs too? Lucky it broke at the joint and didn't shear the stub inside the diff instead.

It actually sheered all the bolts but 3 (bent them) and the joint was lodged in the axle. A hammer and some swinging got it unseized. The gold cap was missing (somewhere in the ditch) but I was able to install the 3 bent bolts and limp it back to the shop.

The rear is quit a bit lower then stock.

#1 I forgot to lock tight the allen bolts. (probably what happened)

#2 I had two of my friends in the car. Ive never launched the car with anyone in it. So maybe the added weight squatted the car just enough?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
funny how when someone starts modding this car, they tend to go through a similar journey of breakage as those that came before him, regardless of having knowledge of those stories.
I knew of the issue but didn't think it would happed so soon lol.

I didn't budget for axles yet (HP tuner and wideband) so I just went cheap.

Plus before I throw down $1300 on axles (I never want the issue again) I want to make sure something else isn't wrong.

Plus a axle is easy to change.

Like my dad says. "Once you upgrade something to not break something else will break, find something easy to fix that breaks and leave it"

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
So the axle broke or stub broke? Odd, I’m still on stock 04 axles with a little bit more power than you. And probably stickier tires. Only thing I’ve broke is the output shaft on the trans.

Edit. Didn’t see above post.

I try to refrain from running my car with more than one extra person in the car. When I do, I turn the boost way down in first and second gears.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I knew of the issue but didn't think it would happed so soon lol.

I didn't budget for axles yet (HP tuner and wideband) so I just went cheap.

Plus before I throw down $1300 on axles (I never want the issue again) I want to make sure something else isn't wrong.

Plus a axle is easy to change.

Like my dad says. "Once you upgrade something to not break something else will break, find something easy to fix that breaks and leave it"
This is why I still have the stock (05-06 which is stronger) driveshaft. I’m almost in the 10’s with it and it shows no signs of caring about it right now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Bought a set of new Hinson stock height engine mounts
AF hooked up. Yes it's in the cup holder. I only use it for tuning so once I'm done I throw it back in the glove box and hide the wires.

Relocated my ecu to behind the drivers kick panel. Ya its dirty but I've drove it a lot

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Next up should be interesting.
I really dont want to open up my original engine. I dont want to risk blowing it up and I want to keep it numbers matching. (,never know could be worth money some day)
I'm on the hunt for a 6.0 to swap at this time

21 - 40 of 51 Posts