LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
GTOholic
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight's cruise was awesome (again.) I met a lot of new people and their cars. I talked with the owner of a red Dodge SRT-4. Cute car with a bada** looking grill. We played around on the street, stop light to stop light, and eventually he pulled up and said, "I don't want any part of that GTO!" :)

But what really earned the '04 GTO some "street cred" was the after-midnight "play time" the locals enjoy in various "secret" places. There was a young kid with a 4.6L Mustang GT he had just bought. It still had the 30-day tags. He claimed it was "cammed and has 3.76 gears". Poor kid, he was convinced he could beat the GTO.

So, we lined 'em up and from a dead stop we both had some wheel spin, then growwwwwwwlllllllll, my Goat was GONE. At the end of the run he pulled up to me with eyes as big as saucers. "Damn!", was all he could say.

But wait, there's more! This misguided young man felt like he had a better chance from a rolling start. Before we lined up, I told the spectators, "Watch this, I'm going to give him a car length." We started rolling at 15mph, me in first gear, and I waited for him to punch it. He took off, and I still waited. :D

Then, growwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllll, my Goat ate him alive!

It was the first time I'd raced the goat in front of this crowd, and they were IMPRESSED. Sure, there were a couple of souped up Mustang GT's and a Cobra I wasn't going to touch. But the way the GTO chewed up and spit out that "cammed" 4.6L got EVERYONE'S attention. I am now driving one of the most respected cars on the strip. Man, that feels GREAT.

Wait until NEXT summer, when the performance mods are installed. :D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
FLORIT, I think that you are having a little too much fun with the car. Hanging out with young kids, street racing, going to the drag strip. Oh wait, thats what the car is for. :D Picked up any Younger Women with it yet?????
 

·
GTOholic
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warren said:
Picked up any Younger Women with it yet?????
Well, you know what they say... "15 will get you 20". I figure if a girl is young enough that I should check her ID, I should probably leave her alone. The Goat is a "chick magnet". It's going to be a FUN summer, in lots of ways. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,691 Posts
FLORIT said:
Well, you know what they say... "15 will get you 20". I figure if a girl is young enough that I should check her ID, I should probably leave her alone. The Goat is a "chick magnet". It's going to be a FUN summer, in lots of ways. ;)
I thought that was days in lock-up :D
 

·
Member
Joined
·
175 Posts
FLORIT said:
The Goat is a "chick magnet". It's going to be a FUN summer, in lots of ways. ;)
Me and my friend were goin down the strip yesterday as we passed a car waiting to turn onto the strip. This car had two drop dead gorgeous girls (about 18-20 yrs old). Me and my friend looked at them as we passed. As soon as they turned on the strip they quickly caught up to us (as i was only doing 35 mph). At the next red light, they went into the turning lane and we were in the far right lane. They continued to stare at us (or my car lol). we looked over occasionally but we figured they were out of our league. Well they got the green arrow to turn left and all we hear is some horns beeping. So we look over again, and hre they forgot that they were at a stop light and were sittin there stearing at us while the light turned green and the people behind them got impatient. I thought it was quite funny.

This car is DEFINITELY a chick magnet, and i, too, cannot wait until this summer! :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
CHICK-magnet,areyou guys serious.You GTO nerds better go back to reading playboy.
Most cobra owners wont even give you guys a second thought, unless of course you pull out the wallet. Like taking candy from(from outback steakhouse).
2003 COBRA, The most feared muscle car on the street====Bar none--Proven over and over. You know it"s almost a d-m shame when you have to drive an Australian built grand am and try to convince each other you have a real boy-racer.
Please bring back the Zss and ss.
 

·
Here come Da Judge
Joined
·
228 Posts
You guys hear that? Sounds like a fart to me! kinda smells like it too!
 

·
Been here for a long time...
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
A Mustang a muscle car, since when? Always been a pony car.

As for being feared on the street, not hardly. Yes, with a pulley, exhaust, tires, gears, a Cobra will be fast. Very fast if you know how to drive. But the GTO just got here, give it a couple of months. BMR's has already run 11.4. Just like the F-Body, the potential is easily there.

Stock for stock, its a good run with a 6spd. Both low 13 second cars. Then it just goes to mods after that.
 

·
Admin
Joined
·
9,705 Posts
kbcobra said:
CHICK-magnet,areyou guys serious.You GTO nerds better go back to reading playboy.
Most cobra owners wont even give you guys a second thought, unless of course you pull out the wallet. Like taking candy from(from outback steakhouse).
2003 COBRA, The most feared muscle car on the street====Bar none--Proven over and over. You know it"s almost a d-m shame when you have to drive an Australian built grand am and try to convince each other you have a real boy-racer.
Please bring back the Zss and ss.
There was never a fast car before cobra? :rolleyes:

If you dont like playing well with others you can wheelhop your self outta here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
once again i will repeat something that i have said before...

if you take the stock GTO and the Stock mustang... GTO every time

for an even match take the GTO and a MACH 1... i would think driver will deside winner

GTO and Cobra.. the cobra everytime, but if you were to though a supercharger into the GTO then WOW i would say they will be just about even... and then up to the driver again...

Short and simple thats the way i feel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Low reving,high compression,pushrod bending wanna-bees
Come into the new century.Your days are over,shame on GM for giving you such a poor excuse of a performance car as the gto.If i had to into the performance race wars with a warmed over grand am====from aussie---YET i wouldnt even post.
KB twin-screw powered cobra====628 rwhp. I'm tired of tolerating you former bat-mobile owners,who have disappeared only to show up in a clone,such as gto,trying to convince anyone that you really count.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
There's that fart smell again. It wasn't me. I know what mine smell like............
:drink: :drink:
 

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
kbcobra said:
Low reving,high compression,pushrod bending wanna-bees
Come into the new century.Your days are over,shame on GM for giving you such a poor excuse of a performance car as the gto.If i had to into the performance race wars with a warmed over grand am====from aussie---YET i wouldnt even post.
KB twin-screw powered cobra====628 rwhp. I'm tired of tolerating you former bat-mobile owners,who have disappeared only to show up in a clone,such as gto,trying to convince anyone that you really count.
DY,
What has happened to this board? We seem to be suddenly infected with ....this.....rubbish. WE used to be able to speak our minds, not agree with everyone else, but not get flamed. That;s what I liked about it.

KBCobra,
STFU. I'm the guy who has beaten your precious Cobra in a GTO. It's not the car, it is the driver, PERIOD. Now, go away.
 

·
Yes, it has a car seat
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
kbcobra said:
Low reving,high compression,pushrod bending wanna-bees
Come into the new century.Your days are over,shame on GM for giving you such a poor excuse of a performance car as the gto.If i had to into the performance race wars with a warmed over grand am====from aussie---YET i wouldnt even post.
KB twin-screw powered cobra====628 rwhp. I'm tired of tolerating you former bat-mobile owners,who have disappeared only to show up in a clone,such as gto,trying to convince anyone that you really count.

Unless Carol Shelby has personally touched your ride - it's not a Cobra. Take your name-stealing, whiney sounding, back breaking pony (ie. for kids) away from us and when you have an adult car and attitude, please come back into the discussion.
Thanks,
Dan
 

·
Gone but not forgotten
Joined
·
4,672 Posts
DevilYellow said:
KBCOBRA,

Congratulations, you are the first banned to be banned here. Thank you for playing and as a bonus gift you receive the home version for tons of fun ;)

haha, thanks DY
 

·
God Bless Texas!
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
DevilYellow said:
KBCOBRA,

Congratulations, you are the first banned to be banned here. Thank you for playing and as a bonus gift you receive the home version for tons of fun ;)

THANKS!
 
1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Top