LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my brother and I were at it again last night, this time with his 68' Chevelle. The Chevelle is a 396, 350hp w/ turbo 400 trans, 3.73 gears and headers and Flowmaster exhaust. We were heading to a local car show, and found a nice deserted road. We took off at about 10mph role and ran them up to about 110. The GTO was again victorious, but it was close. The Chevelle was consistently right at my door or rear fender, until we started to break 100. I was also carrying an extra 270 lbs (wife and a friend), but it was still a fun race. Oh yeah, no cops this time! :p

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
drburns said:
Well my brother and I were at it again last night, this time with his 68' Chevelle. The Chevelle is a 396, 350hp w/ turbo 400 trans, 3.73 gears and headers and Flowmaster exhaust. We were heading to a local car show, and found a nice deserted road. We took off at about 10mph role and ran them up to about 110. The GTO was again victorious, but it was close. The Chevelle was consistently right at my door or rear fender, until we started to break 100. I was also carrying an extra 270 lbs (wife and a friend), but it was still a fun race. Oh yeah, no cops this time! :p

An extra 270 pounds! Thank god it was your wife AND a friend!!! :gr_jest: LOL . . . Good Kill!

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it was just my wife at 270 lbs., I probably wouldn't be married! Either that or I wouldn't be seen in that car with her. :barf:

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
drburns said:
If it was just my wife at 270 lbs., I probably wouldn't be married! Either that or I wouldn't be seen in that car with her. :barf:
HEY! Big girls need lovin' too!

·
duh
1,214 Posts
JayStew said:
HEY! Big girls need lovin' too!
To each his own, or there is always this option :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
grinning ever since...
452 Posts
drburns said:

Sounds fun! How did your new Ripper figure into the experience?

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ripshifter was amazing! It's just so precise and fast; no way you can miss a shift. At least I got a couple a chances to try it out in some racing situations, thanks to my brother (his T/A and his Chevelle). Highly recommend the shifter.

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
MIGoat said:
To each his own, or there is always this option :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
You can drink 'em pretty, but you can't drink 'em thin...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
drburns said:
The ripshifter was amazing! It's just so precise and fast; no way you can miss a shift. At least I got a couple a chances to try it out in some racing situations, thanks to my brother (his T/A and his Chevelle). Highly recommend the shifter.
Where can a buy the ripshifter? Thanks.

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Go to GMmotorsport.com and email or call Phonsy Mullen to place an order. Very cool guy, and ships it out quickly.

·
duh
1,214 Posts
Boefadeez said:
You can drink 'em pretty, but you can't drink 'em thin...
Thats why I drink only in moderation :gr_jest:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts