LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starter motor I cannot find one anywhere locally I'm in Philly. Perhaps someone here on the forum parted out an '04 & has a starter that's taking up space that they'd like to part with.

·
Worthless reject member
39,133 Posts
starters are relatively cheap, man, and on a component like an alternator, water pump, or starter, i always think it's best to go new.

fedex is still running last time i checked, hopefully they stay that way.

cheapest one i could find on rockauto:

ULTRA-POWER 17913N {#12588493, 92169668} Mitsubishi. Permanent Magnet Gear Reduction; SPADE IGN. TERM. --OR-- Mitsubishi. Permanent Magnet Gear Reduction; STUD IGN. TERM. -- $89.89

there is a power select brand for about $105 with the same PN as the ultra power,

and the acdelco original equipment is $160

·
Registered
625 Posts
I got a referb from autozone 5 years ago. No issues since, until I put on bigger longtubes. But added a blanket to the starter and its still going, even with an old lower volt battery.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know I'm running long tubes myself instead of buying refurbished I had mine rebuilt from a local longtime business about 10 minutes from home he charged me 95 bucks & the turnaround time was about an hour to take apart rebuild test he used genuine GM parts. Maybe I should look into a blanket I never thought about that. THANK YOU for the info!!!!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Im taking my oem unit in for rebuild. I had no choice with a blanket this time, 1-7/8 primaries are too close now. Wish I wasn't lazy and wrapped them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm running 3 inchers I never thought about a blanket this is the first time the starter failed I had the headers installed in January 2018. I'm looking to get a used OEM starter off eBay & send it out for rebuild to use as a spare, nothing worse than coming out early on a cold & rainy Sunday morning putting the key in the ignition, pressing the clutch pedal only to get a "click click" trust me it sucked. A rebuilt starter runs about 225-250 dollars, a rebuilt GM unit runs 265 dollars & a new OEM unit is about 300-325 dollars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a truck starter on my gto but then again I have a fbody bellhousing. It was like 30 bucks from the junk yard and hasnt given me any trouble lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got an OEM alternator from a local junkyard that only deals in high performance cars for 20 bucks they should have a starter soon off a 2004
CTS-V.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts