LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Power Inc
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching both of these, and found some sound clips, but they seem to vary depending on who's doing the recording, etc..

I have the option of buying either the Corsa Sport or the Loudmouth II catback. Currently I have stock headers, but may upgrade to long tubes in the spring.

From what I've read, the corsa has more of an exotic sound, and the loudmouth II is a good muscle car loud sound.

I'm looking for the latter, but I also don't want to sound like a dumptruck. I want loud, but not crappy quality loud.

Anybody heard both of these setups in person, can you give some advice? If you own one or the other, what are your thoughts?

Thanks,
SeanFlynn

·
Power Inc
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see in your sig that you have SLP, but do you have LM I or LM II?

Thanks,
SeanFlynn

·
Banned
868 Posts
I don't know what one I got but it's louder than anything on the road including semi's and it sounds mean as shit! I don't know how far from chi-town you are but your welcome to come up and hear it live...

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have not heard both in person, but I do own the SLP LM II and am happy with the sound. I would call it a clean muscle car sound, and I have factory manifolds and cats in place, however I do have a cam, so my sound may be different than someone with stock cam or aftermarket headers.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Switch to a split duel Corsa like I did. :sneaky:

·
Da Bidness End
677 Posts
I like the Corsa sound and technology. I currently have an '05 Corsa Touring with LTs. But that's only after being rear-ended and replacing the rear with an '05 bumper and associated '05 exhaust. The '04 Corsa Sport I had sounded great without LTs and I actually noticed an improvement in performance. The Corsa Sport with LTs is just plain loud. Good but LOUD! The LMII, from what I've heard actually sounds exotic-ish as well but not that loud. Here's the catch. I have the original '04 Corsa Sport that may or may not have been damaged. The shop says that it probably isn't although the ins co might have gotten a different story.;) In a couple of weeks I may be letting it go for a good price (i.e. shipping costs) so if you decide you want one, let me know. I can't really sell it with a good concience anyway...

·
Power Inc
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeller Jakett - You have a PM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts