LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what happened last night? i stopped a light next to you we both looked at each other and smiled your car was beautiful you threw a few revs so i did the same light turned green we both took off and then u let off. there was no cops around >< i wanted to get a good run from take off i was a couple cars up but im sure i would have gotten pulled on bad my tires are getting real slick i cant get traction for shit anymore time to change the parellis

ps. im just hoping this guy is on the boards =D nice car

·
Administrator
20,422 Posts
hahahaa

Attachments

·
7,835 Posts
punctuation...

but nice run

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
00blackss said:
Looking at your avatar you own a rx-8... maybe he didn't wanna waste gas on your very slow car?
lol considering we both took off and i was 2 cars ahead by the end of first gear when he shut down. i do love the GTO but some of you talk alot for having a 12-13 second car it isnt all that fast either and he also doesnt know what i have or what mine runs he revved at me first i followed suit and then began spanking him

·
U.S. Merchant Marine
20 Posts
Yeah... thanks to a loud exhaust, a lot of people think I'm racing when I'm just taking off normally too. :bootyshak :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
limepro said:
lol considering we both took off and i was 2 cars ahead by the end of first gear when he shut down. i do love the GTO but some of you talk alot for having a 12-13 second car it isnt all that fast either and he also doesnt know what i have or what mine runs he revved at me first i followed suit and then began spanking him

You do drive an RX8?

This is most likely what happened.

1. He wasn't racing
or
2. He smoked his tires off the line and let off the gas.
or
3. He missed 2nd gear and let off.

Something similar to the above list must have happened.

Stats
GTO , 0-100 mph - 11.9 sec
RX8, 0-100 mph - 15.8 sec

That's a huge difference. Four seconds faster to 100mph.

My experience with racing RX8s has been that they don't even give me a race at all. I'm usually 4-5 cars in front of them by 70mph or so. After that it gets even worse (many bus lengths in a full 1/4 mile).

I'm sure there are plenty of stock GTOs in your area that could show you what happens when a GTO is really trying.

·
Registered
500 Posts
limepro said:
i do love the GTO but some of you talk alot for having a 12-13 second car it isnt all that fast either ...
GTO may not be all that fast (funny coming from near 15 second car) but the RX-8 is painfully slow.

·
Pure Power
485 Posts
limepro said:
Not to many cars you can buy that are faster, unless you wanna spend close to double the price. I find it amusing you're saying it isnt all that fast yet you drive and RX8, and say you love the GTO. Low 13 sec car stock for 30k, yea im sure there are tons of other options out there that can compare to that:rolleyes:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im not trying to bash the GTO but the guy saying that my personal car is slow when he has no idea what i have done to mine he has never seen mine and never run against me. i know a loud exhaust when i hear 1 and i know when someone takes off. the facts are the guy revved at me we both took off i couldnt get traction for shit i went sideways through the intersection and still had 2 cars on the guy by the end of first. maybe he missed 2nd maybe he didnt he was still behind after both of us lost traction through first.

no i havent gotten my GTO yet because they are marking it up in fresno so much and saying its selling like hotcakes which is a lie this is the 2nd GTO ive seen in the fresno area once they start being honest and take my 05 denali for a straight up trade for an 06 GTO then i will have one.

im also not saying the GTO is slow but there is always something faster out there yes even hondas and mazdas have gone faster than a GTO

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LS2 Pontiac GTO said:
limepro did you buy your gto yet?
did u get a good deal on yours? at kitahara they were gonna charge me 37 and change and then after trade it it was close to 7k left WTF ><

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
limepro said:
im not trying to bash the GTO but the guy saying that my personal car is slow when he has no idea what i have done to mine he has never seen mine and never run against me. i know a loud exhaust when i hear 1 and i know when someone takes off. the facts are the guy revved at me we both took off i couldnt get traction for shit i went sideways through the intersection and still had 2 cars on the guy by the end of first. maybe he missed 2nd maybe he didnt he was still behind after both of us lost traction through first.

no i havent gotten my GTO yet because they are marking it up in fresno so much and saying its selling like hotcakes which is a lie this is the 2nd GTO ive seen in the fresno area once they start being honest and take my 05 denali for a straight up trade for an 06 GTO then i will have one.

im also not saying the GTO is slow but there is always something faster out there yes even hondas and mazdas have gone faster than a GTO

You keep mentioning that "he has no idea what I've done to mine." Why don't you tell us what you've done to your RX8 and what it runs in the 1/4 mile. Because a stock RX8 is pretty slow in comparison to a GTO.

You also mentioned in this last post that you got sideways going through the intersection and couldn't get traction. That should answer your question to why the GTO let off. He was most likely having more trouble than you gettting off the line. That along with seeing you sideways going through the intersection would be enough for anyone to back off and not race.

A race that consisted of just 1st gear going through an intersection with no traction doesn't sound like much of a race.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BLACK05GTO said:
You keep mentioning that "he has no idea what I've done to mine." Why don't you tell us what you've done to your RX8 and what it runs in the 1/4 mile. Because a stock RX8 is pretty slow in comparison to a GTO.

You also mentioned in this last post that you got sideways going through the intersection and couldn't get traction. That should answer your question to why the GTO let off. He was most likely having more trouble than you gettting off the line. That along with seeing you sideways going through the intersection would be enough for anyone to back off and not race.

A race that consisted of just 1st gear going through an intersection with no traction doesn't sound like much of a race.
ill just say many people are hitting over 300 rwhp in their 8's and yes traction has been a bitch lately my tread on my tires are good but my tires feel very smooth im holding off on buying new tires until im out of the military and am actually stationary because of the long drives i do and the heat on the tires.

also im not saying i would have beat the GTO they are very strong once they get traction i know from the many test drives ive done in them and he most likely would have reeled me in once we hit 2nd gear. im hoping the guy is on this board but it appears he isnt it would be nice to have a full run with him it was nice actually seeing a GTO since ive only seen a few on the roads and only 2-3 in fresno and would be cool to shoot the shit with some of you guys.

dont take this thread the wrong way as ill say it again I LOVE THE GTO and with some luck and cooperation ill have 1 in the lineup soon.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LS2 Pontiac GTO said:
Yeah I got a great deal but I used to work there too.
ya the sales manager keeps dicking around with me i guess because im a young guy. i wish the guy i bought my other vehicles from there still worked there... were u at kitahara?

·
Registered
850 Posts
So, once again, tell everyone your mods..please. No one cares about your tires, and while GTO's aren't the fastest cars on the street..RX8's are dogs. I've smoked everyone one that I have raced.

And before you go there, I realize the car isn't meant to be a straight-line drag car, and I have driven the car a few times...I know it handles well..in the twisties as the ricers like to say, due to the almost 50/50 weight distribution.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I am 25 and had no problem buying my GTO...and I am also in the military.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.