LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone have a source for the sleeves needed to complete an '04 to '05 brake upgrade. I just got a set of '05 brakes on eBay, but I cannot find sleeves , and I do not have the facilities to fabricate them myself.

I contacted gtOHnoes, but he is sold out and would need orders for 12 sets to run a new batch.

Has anyone found another source for these ready made?

Thanks,

Brooks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Damn sorry, gtOHnoes is who I bought mine from and they were excellent.

·
quasi-boob
594 Posts
holden makes them also but they are freaky expensive. i think they are between 7 and 9bux a sleeve. there a few people on here that made their own and might be able to help you out. can't remember any names tho.

·
Crankcase Oil Formulator
553 Posts
Seriously, Holden makes a sleve for the conversion? I'd feel better about using an OEM adapter than using tubing. Anyone have a part number for the sleve?

·
Registered
139 Posts
What size bit did you use to drill? I have never drilled and tapped anything out and would be afraid to try it. I had thought at one time that would be easier but didn't know if I had enough room to do it.

·
quasi-boob
594 Posts
the bolt is 14mm so the tap needs to be 14mm but i dunno what size hole you'd want to drill. of course to do this you have to remove the hubs from the car. that in itself is a pain and you will probably have to replace your ball joints depending on their condition. its easier to just find sleeves.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I also am thinking of getting some 05/06 brakes...... question, if I can get the 05 hubs, will I have to do any redrilling? Basically, what do I need for the swap. I think that if I use my own hubs to mount the calipers, then I need to drill the holes larger for the bracket? Am I correct or totally off. Someone set me straight please.

·
quasi-boob
594 Posts
if you use the stock 04 hubs, you have to drill and retap for a 14mm bolt or get some bolt sleeves. if you get 05/06 hubs, you won't have to drill or retap anything.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So the question comes up again, does anyone have these available?

·
......................... ....
3,858 Posts
You might just need to go to Home Depot or any other place that sells pipes and measure out some pipes for 12mm inside diameter and 14mm outside diameter and cut 4 small ~1" pieces. May take some time to find but beats sitting around and waiting to find some premade ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts