LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sure the answer to my question is on here somewhere but i couldnt find it. so what i am wondering is, if you put the 05 rear bumper cover on an 04 are there any modifications needed other than exhaust? example.. brackets, mounts, etc
the reason i ask is because i have an 04 and just got rear ended on sat. nothing major but the bumper cover needs to be replaced. if its not too hard i would like to do an 05 with true dual exhaust. i have exhaust lined up so thats covered, but i wanted to know if i would be able to put the bumper cover on, or if mod is needed.
thanks in advance for any help given

·
aka Phantom Goat
185 Posts
There are several threads on this subject, but, in the interest of time the '05 will bolt directly in the same places as the '04. The only modification you'll need to make is to the Styrofoam impact piece located behind the bumper. You can by the '05 or several folks trimmed their '04 to work. This is one of the simplest upgrades to do.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
The two biggest things are shaving, of changing the foam insert to fit the 05' bumper, and making the exhaust work. Bot CoolHandLuke and I have done this, and did a write up on it. CoolHandLuke has a link to his thread in his sig.

I have to show these two shots.

If you want more, or need me to discuss other things for the swap. Just PM me.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
I see you even changed your muffler location, that's not really needed, right? All you need to do is re-run the passenger side pipe, hangers and two Tips. That was my understanding......

ROK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts