LS1GTO Forums banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

· HGH Optimist
24,606 Posts
Sheesh. I was gonna order my rotors last weekend, but never sat down to do it.

Wonder if Power Stop rotors will be delayed, as well.

· GR-RRR!
13,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I just cancelled the Centric rotors from Summit and ordered Power Stop e-coated rotors from Rock Auto. They will be here next week (supposedly). One thing I really hate about Rock Auto is if the parts have to ship from multiple locations you have to pay shipping from each location separately. And almost any order with more than one part ships from multiple locations. With over $35 in shipping costs the Power Stops cost about the same as the Centrics would have with free shipping. Oh well, Power Stop pads on Power Stop rotors should work out well. Power Stop makes a pad/rotor package but only with drilled and slotted rotors which I do NOT want.

· HGH Optimist
24,606 Posts
Power Stop makes a pad/rotor package but only with drilled and slotted rotors which I do NOT want.
I'll be honest... All those packages were confusing af, too. Haha. Plus... wouldn't you want to order the C5 pads anyway? Or am I going about that idea wrong?

· GR-RRR!
13,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I'll be honest... All those packages were confusing af, too. Haha. Plus... wouldn't you want to order the C5 pads anyway? Or am I going about that idea wrong?
The Power Stop Z26 pads are the same for both the GTO and Corvette applications. Basically, the GTO and Corvette pads are typically the same (same backing plates) but the Corvette pads have a larger friction material attached. So basically, if you buy PS Z26 pads you are getting the "Corvette" pads.

· Have Bar, Will Travel
46,863 Posts
I would save money and used Valvoline syn brake fluid. Works very well lasts and easy to source. I used that vs ate when racing

· HGH Optimist
24,606 Posts
The Power Stop Z26 pads are the same for both the GTO and Corvette applications. Basically, the GTO and Corvette pads are typically the same (same backing plates) but the Corvette pads have a larger friction material attached. So basically, if you buy PS Z26 pads you are getting the "Corvette" pads.
Interesting. I knew about slight difference, but didn't realize you would order the same part for both.

Wonder if that's the same case with Wagner pads.

· GR-RRR!
13,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Interesting. I knew about slight difference, but didn't realize you would order the same part for both.

Wonder if that's the same case with Wagner pads.
In some pads guys will order the Corvette pads for their GTO to get the larger friction material version. Apparently they drop right into the GTO calipers.

· HGH Optimist
24,606 Posts
In some pads guys will order the Corvette pads for their GTO to get the larger friction material version. Apparently they drop right into the GTO calipers.
Yeah, there ya go. That's what I was referring to.

· Have Bar, Will Travel
46,863 Posts
if you have the 05-6 calipers - they are vette calipers of the same year model. and yes for some reason they have some extra pad surface so there are 2 part numbers but they are the same backing plate.

so yes I always ordered vette pads - for my modded GTO. sorry thought that was a known thing. I'm sure somewhere I have a post on the whole shebangabang.

and flush that brake fluids.

· GR-RRR!
13,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
The front rotors arrived, rears are to be here yesterday. Summit/StopTech has been dragging their feet cancelling my rotor order and refunding my money. I'm sure they will, but come on, I cancelled an order that wasn't to be shipped until December.

· HGH Optimist
24,606 Posts
I just got a job offer for a damn-good gig, and the start date is Nov 28th. Official offer letter should be sent tomorrow, and then I return everything. I'm gonna take a week off before starting, so basically the week of Thanksgiving.

If I order my Power Stops, you think they'll be here before that week? @Rich-Tripower

Figure I'll get that out of the way before starting the new job so I can take the GTO on Fridays. Once it starts to warm up, I'm gonna finally get everything sorted out with my injectors/tune, etc.

Reactions: Westphal

· GR-RRR!
13,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I just got a job offer for a damn-good gig, and the start date is Nov 28th. Official offer letter should be sent tomorrow, and then I return everything. I'm gonna take a week off before starting, so basically the week of Thanksgiving.

If I order my Power Stops, you think they'll be here before that week? @Rich-Tripower

Figure I'll get that out of the way before starting the new job so I can take the GTO on Fridays. Once it starts to warm up, I'm gonna finally get everything sorted out with my injectors/tune, etc.
I ordered my Powerstop rotors Thursday or Friday and they should all be here by today. The pads took about a week to arrive. I recall seeing that the supplies available of the rear rotors was running low when I ordered so if I were you I'd order up now.

· Have Bar, Will Travel
46,863 Posts
If nothing else get some carquest preimums or such from advance auto. same stuff basically. at least you could get them in hand.

· GR-RRR!
13,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
It looks like FedEx wants my rear rotors more than I do. They made it from CA to Lenexa, KS (the last major hub before they get to me) but they've been sitting in Lenexa since Monday and are still there with the delivery date only marked as "PENDING". If they have lost or damaged the rotors I'm screwed since stock was low on them to begin with and are probably out of stock again by now.

· Administrator
11,677 Posts
My go-to for rotors and pads over the past 5 years has been R1 Concepts. Just checked their website and nearly every rotor is out of stock. Not shocked at all due to what's going on with supply chains, so hope you get your stuff soon.

· GR-RRR!
13,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
My rear rotors finally showed up today. I have everything I need to do the conversion. The decision on when to do it will hinge on when I can get the car in for a dyno tune now that I have the FAST/TB/OTRCAI upgrade complete. If it is going to be off a couple of weeks or more, I'll do the brakes now. If it is sooner, I'll wait to do it after the tune/dyno session.

· GR-RRR!
13,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
The pretty new rotors. I found I had installed a couple of the rear pads wrong. There are two with little posts on the backing plate and they have to go against the piston; I had one of them against the outside of the caliper and the little posts were holding the pad away from the caliper frame. Glad I got that addressed before I tried to put the caliper onto the new rotors.

Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Gas Circle

61 - 80 of 118 Posts