LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha Ha!:gears: Not even a race! I got two run's w/ this jag! The first one i was trying to be cool w/ him at the light and he looked at me like he was going to kick my ass? So the light changed and i waited until he jumped, and when he did the race was over by at lease 6-7 car lenth's before i even hit 3rd gear!:gears: So the next light he wouldn't even look over at me, I was going to ask him if "that thing got a Hemi"! So the light changed and again i waited until he jumped, and he didn't until i went into 2nd gear and i heard him manually down shifted his 5sp auto! I heard his tire's chirp and i stayed in second(only doing about 30mph) and he jumped out about 1.5-2 cars on me! I nailed it and caught him before 3rd and once i hit 3rd let's just say "Does That Thing Have Hemi"? Ha Ha what a jag he was!!!!!!! The goat smoked his ass!:bootyshak

·
Registered
5 Posts
You actually got one to make a run?

I have seen so many around and none interested in racing. One guy tried to jump past me in a merge situation a while back but I easily overpowered him, that was about as close as I have gotten any to race. I now equate them with Mustangs. You cant tell if its a fast one or not from 50 yards and even if it is a fast model, its driven by someone not at all interested in a little competition.

*edit* Forgot a well deserved GRATS!!!!!!

·
I ♥ ( @ )Y( @ )
1,666 Posts
Sounds about right. Not a bad car for a big family sedan though. I guess if I neded the room, I'd rock in one.

My last pass at the drag strip was against a 2006 Charger 5.7L. I think I had at least a bus or two on him by the finish line. I ran a 14.4 against his 15.6. Yeah, times suck, but that's Vegas for you.

BTW, they have 350HP.

·
Registered
782 Posts
TheEricHarris said:
Sounds about right. Not a bad car for a big family sedan though. I guess if I neded the room, I'd rock in one.

My last pass at the drag strip was against a 2006 Charger 5.7L. I think I had at least a bus or two on him by the finish line. I ran a 14.4 against his 15.6. Yeah, times suck, but that's Vegas for you.

BTW, they have 350HP.
Only the Daytonas or standard R/T's with the optional "Road and Track" package get the 10 hp bump. Otherwise they are rated at 340.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Nice kill...I've takein srt-8s at the track. The best I've seen one run was a 13.9. Of course it's the driver, not the car.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Try one one the freeway from about 60 up. Different story, door handel to door handel to 135. Dead even.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yea my buddy has an r/t. They pull pretty good at highway speeds, they prob got low gears and they are torque monsters rated at 390 stock.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good kill,i dont get many Chargers wanting to run.Once they hear the Loudmouth with LT's,they back down real quick.I still think the Charger is a great 4 door family car,but give me an SRT-8.

·
Still not Mexican.
1,278 Posts
Good kill. WTF is a jag???

·
GM Parts Guy Will this fix it
1,102 Posts
Good kill, That Hemi thing goes to their heads. I love the "That thing got a Hemi" LOL. I have a lot more respect for the 6.1 it has enough power to overcome their weight disavantage.

·
GM Parts Guy Will this fix it
1,102 Posts
Patroit said:
Try one one the freeway from about 60 up. Different story, door handel to door handel to 135. Dead even.
That's because your stock. I'm still wating for my chance at one.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
i think he meant against an SRT-8 from a 60mph roll. not sure but an 04GTO may not have enough to keep with an SRT-8 especially if stock. I had an SRT-8 Charger up my A$$ on the freeway and I could not pull away at all. Dead even till 110mph.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had one wanting to race the other day for money his buddies talked him out of it quick tho... it didn't even have tags on it yet he must not know to much

·
Destroyer of GTOs
1,968 Posts
Where was this at? Am I going to have to be on the lookout for a Charger guy wanting revenge now? haha

Good thing cause my new engine pulls harder than my old one...

·
wat it fis mofo
1,551 Posts
same cars a few months ago at the track, I smoked him.

Good kill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts