LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help I’m new to this stuff I have a 2005 gto with the Ls2 6.0 and the block cracked putting the transmission in. My question is can I use any Ls 6.0 block to transfer everything to it? Or does it have to be an Ls2 aluminum block or iron?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its Not even cracked at this point a whole piece of the block came off and I saw a hole where oil runs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A pic would help. Are you sure you didn't just break the rear main seal housing? How did you manage doing that in the first place?
A friend was installing the tranny for me while I was at work. and I’m assuming that the torque converter was not in all the way and he use a big impact gun I have to force it breaking the block .

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
A friend was installing the tranny for me while I was at work. and I’m assuming that the torque converter was not in all the way and he use a big impact gun I have to force it breaking the block .
Find a new friend because that person sucks.

But yeah could be the rear main housing.

·
GR-RRR!
4,440 Posts
Good golly I hate those "if it don't fit get a bigger hammer" types. I sure hope your friend is footing the bill for all this.

Rich C.

·
Premium Member
36,103 Posts
easiest way out of this is to find another GTO LS2 out of a wrecked car and do an engine swap. Part out your old engine to recoup some cash.

If you just get a block, you can use most of your old parts, but you'll need to foot the bill for a rebuild. Which means finding a shop that will do it and waiting. Option A i mentioned above is probably much better.

you could post pics of the damage. not sure if you can get away with (or if you would even want to get away with) tig welding that broken piece back onto the block.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think some JB Weld would be good enough.

Seriously though, I feel for you. DIY can sometimes be a real pain in the ass.

·
Premium Member
36,103 Posts
Actually, now that i go back and look, and re-read his OP, the chunk may have taken out a peice of the oil galley.

Hoooooooleeeeeee crap his buddeh bricked his block.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts