LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I wanted to hear from some A4 GTO owners who are using nitrous. I have had nitrous before but it was on a 5 speed. I was looking into putting nitrous on my A4 but wanted to know if there is any thing I need to look out for. If I do purchase a kit I would be running a RPM window switch, fuel pressure, and W.O.T. Is there anything else I should look in to? Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
scot254
4,406 Posts
If you do all the M6 upgrades, really no more to do on an A4. The items you have listed are pretty much what you need. General changes besides that are fuel system upgrades depending on wet/dry and how big of a shot.
Gauges are always helpful too-Fuel pressure, A/F.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
scot254,
Thanks for the info. Have you heard of any transmission issues?
Trans Cooler needed? est.

In the future I will be looking to pick up a stall converter 2800-3200

·
scot254
4,406 Posts
A trans cooler on a stock stall sure won't hurt, most people probably don't do that though as a nitrous upgrade. I'm not sure how a quick nitrous run heats up the transmission since it's not running at a constant high rpm, others may know.
My transmission was actually pulled apart last week to clean out the valve bodies, it was having trouble shifting, and threw a 757 code a few times. But this was the case even before nitrous was added.
So I would say if you're considering something, go ahead and do it, especially for the $50-60 price. If you're getting a bigger stall, I would certainly recommend one.

·
IKSWHTASOL
2,223 Posts
I am a big believer in tranny coolers no matter what your mods are. You didn't mention a bottle heater; but I found it (coupled with a nitrous pressure switch) to be a necessity for consistent runs. A spare bottle isn't a necessity; but it can save you some embarrassing moments at the end of the day at the strip.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the info. I think I am going to get a trans cooler just to be on the safe side. Now just need to decide on which kit I want.

Keith, thanks for the PM. Thats is a great deal. Now I just need to find a deal on a bottle opener.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts