LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
05' Corsa sport, and Kooks offroads at the track(vid)

Corsa sport, and Kooks offroads at the track. Will have standing, and burnout video's soon. :gears: This is all for the 05' GTO's, but installed on my 04'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR06B2ZfAw0

·
V8 Whore
823 Posts
hmm...just when i was thinking about headers and what would sound good. Im not sure that I care for the sound of your setup. Any idea what the other GTO's setup was? Looks like you had a good time running regardless. Keep up the good work.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I went with cats, and the touring. It would sound much tamer, and resonable. I just like scaring people. Thanks for the :thumbs: on my times.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Your car sounds awsome!!! But that Neon owned you at the end:stickpoke :gr_jest:

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sucks. I did not mid it. Was my first time at the track, and that Neon was really fast. A good cam, FAST intack, and a good tune. I hope to break into the mid 12's. We'll see. Next year.

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
2,244 Posts
I like it. Too bad a corsa/LT system is like $1400+. I will probably get that setup soon. Just need the $.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
I installed the Kooks with the off road pipes, and a Magnaflow cat back,

The sound is ok, but nothing as nice as my Camaro was.
The sound is to raspy/rattly, (if that's even a word) than I expected.

At idle it sounds good,
At Cruise it sounds good
But on decel and under a heavy accell it doesn't really sound as good..

PS, Don't get down about getting beat by an SRT4...

Before I had the goat, i took my Camaro up to LVD and went up against a Dodge Spirit. The Camaro ran high 13's, and I got beat be over a second and a half....

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know that this SRT-4 was going to have a good time. He was setup for the track. High HP axles, lots of PCM mods. High boost. Slicks. I was happy though. It was my best run of the day. Once the FAST 78mm manifold goes on, and a CAI with a dyno tune. I should hit a very low 13. I need to adjust the drag bag pressures. I think they were too high. Noticed in the video that the car bearly squatted.

BTW, my exhaust cost me about $1,900.00. $1,200.00 for the headers, and $1,000.00 for the Corsa. At least, that was list. Got things much less during group purchases from Bob at Presision Porting.

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
2,244 Posts
Now there are Pacesetters at $450 coated. The best part is they actually seem to be a quality product. :turbonaug

·
Need To Drive More
1,476 Posts
Car sounds good.

I like.

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
car sounds great! now when you have all your other mods, go back and smoke that neon.:gears:

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
sounds great....i like that kill at the end tho :stickpoke :wall: :gr_jest:

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be back. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to race him again. My credit card is going to be sweating by spring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts