LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
hmmm...that doesn't look like true-duel to me!

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
RedThunder said:
hmmm...that doesn't look like true-duel to me!
It's kind of hard to tell if that piece keeps the pipes seperated. Plus we can't see the travel inside the cat, is it split or whole?

ROK

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Interesting. Where is this picture from?

ROKS - the part where the pipes join up is the resonator. There was a post elsewhere on here the in the last few days where someone mentioned that a dealer said the exhaust was routed through a single resonator at some point.

I wonder why there's such an extreme difference in the routing? And that they put the mufflers all the way in the back? Hm...

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
The single resonator probably provides a crossover point between the exhaust which generaly makes it sound better and helps ballance the exhaust between the tips. Most aftermarket exhaust use a crossover pipe at one point or another.

Looking at the picture, it has two inlets and two equil outlets for the resonator. I have no reason to believe that this is any more restrictive than two seperate resonators with a crossover pipe elsewhere in the line.

Personaly, i'd be more interested in knowing the pipe diameters and if it has crush bends that pinch it off at any point. Also if the mufflers are straight through or not.

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
nikivee said:
It's still a true dual exhaust system. Also the mufflers at the rear are not on the 05 GTO's.
Thanks for pointing that out. It didn't look right. :secret:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
nikivee said:
It's still a true dual exhaust system. Also the mufflers at the rear are not on the 05 GTO's.
Ok...so that makes the stupid question of the day...Where are the mufflers on the 05s then? Same spot as before?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts