LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STopped by the dealership today to say hi and low and behold they had a 05 Pontiac book. I was told I shouldn't see it but it's nice to be thier supplier of certain parts. The manual advised the 05 will have the scoop, LS2(automatic 0-60 in 4.6-manual 0-60 4.8),new rear facia with seperated dual exhaust, optional 18" wheels :hail: , and others I can't seem to remember. The Barbados Blue and Cosmos Purple has been discontinued along with the purple interior :banghead: and two new colors have been added Midnight Blue :cool: and some kind of Grey.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the info. Automatic is quicker than the 6 speed though? They need a new test driver. :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
40THGTO said:
STopped by the dealership today to say hi and low and behold they had a 05 Pontiac book. I was told I shouldn't see it but it's nice to be thier supplier of certain parts. The manual advised the 05 will have the scoop, LS2(automatic 0-60 in 4.6-manual 0-60 4.8),new rear facia with seperated dual exhaust, optional 18" wheels :hail: , and others I can't seem to remember. The Barbados Blue and Cosmos Purple has been discontinued along with the purple interior :banghead: and two new colors have been added Midnight Blue :cool: and some kind of Grey.

A bit more info regarding your hood scoops.
They can be optioned on or off the GTO, unlike our MY05 Monaro we get them no matter what.
I've been told that the option to have the hood scoops is "BQS", I believe unless you order the MY05 GTO with this option you wont get the hood scoops.

·
Registered
184 Posts
40THGTO said:
^5 I like to hear that they stoped the Purple. LOL makes ours more rair. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
richnapp, Yes. Our Cosmos' will be more interesting since the color has been discontinued. I wonder if we'll ever know how many "Cosmo Purple's"were built????

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
I forget where I saw it on the internet but they had a listing to date with how many auto's and manual's and in which colors they have produced.

·
Here come Da Judge
228 Posts
I would guess only a few hundred M6's were made. I really dont think these 04's are going to be collector cars as far as value goes but the Barbados' and Purples will be rare cars, in about 30 years. My kids may benifit from it, I doubt I will be around. I know I love that new 05 grey. Me thinks I will have to have a grey 06 model.

·
Registered
184 Posts
COSMO GUY said:
richnapp, Yes. Our Cosmos' will be more interesting since the color has been discontinued. I wonder if we'll ever know how many "Cosmo Purple's"were built????
I am in touch with a GM rep and at time he talked to me the purple with 6 speed was at 216. :) the automatics are out selling the 6 speeds. (6 speeds are 45% ) ( auto is 55% ) Man you have a muscle car have a standerd. :hail:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts