LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts
sxty8goats said:
You are. That is why I am going to have to pi55 of the family / friends back in New England and go to SL. Vacation time is tight so it is likely MA or SL. With the few here that have chimed in it looks like SL is the place.
hey man i was j/k......but hey you made the wise choice.... :gr_jest: the power of the goat family!! :hail:

I know you were j/k. If you were really family, you would have looked me up when I was in O town.. :)

sxty8goats said:
If you were really family, you would have looked me up when I was in O town.. :)
ouch.....I knew that was coming..... :gr_jest: :wall: :banghead:

lanseman said:
Well I just looked at MapQuest and it estimates a 900 mile 14 hour drive and I just might concider it. Anyone else thinking about it from the east?
I'm contemplating it - did the drive before, it's not that bad, straight out the PA turnpike to I70, straight shot to St. Louis.

We are planning on going for the entire show...

my parents are going to be taking both of our 64 to it

Does anyone have the schedule of when the LS1/LS2 Tech session will be? I am planning to arrive Wednesday night. Already have reservations. Any other tech sessions planned? I'll be bringing the 2005 this year.

If you go to their website there is a schedule there. I believe it is linked in their logo above..

I have decided to go this year . Thinking of heading down on Thursday morning.
I will be sending out my regstration This week :cool:

we're thinking about going anyone else from minnesota?

If you're planning on coming to the event, please send in a registration ASAP. The organizers could use the information to figure out the logistics. I'm one of the people organizing the race-events on Thursday (Drag and Autocross). The sooner we can get a good idea of the numbers attending, and the events that you're interested in, the sooner we can address any possible issues. So far, the registrations are light on NewGTOs, and I'd love to show the GTOAA that we are a force to be recognized.

I'll admit right here that I've procrastinated myself. :D My form is filled out and is going in the mail tomorrow from work.

Merdin said:
So far, the registrations are light on NewGTOs, and I'd love to show the GTOAA that we are a force to be recognized.

I'll admit right here that I've procrastinated myself. :D My form is filled out and is going in the mail tomorrow from work.
My form went in the mail last Friday, I personlay know of 7 Chicago area and Wisconson area GTO's heading down, they there is Warren, Padre, Sarge, and Dblue. Including yourself, that doubles the turn out last year. Hard to call that light.

I didn't put the Drag on my form because I don't know if I'll make it down in time. I'll pay when I get there if I run. I'll be there to watch though, Sarg vs Padre. Can't miss that..

sxty8goats said:
My form went in the mail last Friday, I personlay know of 7 Chicago area and Wisconson area GTO's heading down, they there is Warren, Padre, Sarge, and Dblue. Including yourself, that doubles the turn out last year. Hard to call that light.
Glad to hear that all you folks are coming down! :thumbs: Our goal for the event is at least 50 of the NewGTOs. That shouldn't be out of reach at all. It's just a matter of getting the word out and getting people to send in those forms. Hell, we have about 20 '04-'05's here in St. Louis that haven't registered yet! :eek:

So where's everyone staying? Heard the main venue was full and that some were at an alternate hotel. I haven't registered yet.

Also, I looked at the drag-event, and looks like its class-based bracket racing only. Will they have a times-only class? That way Sarge and I can line up. Or can the organizers arrange for us to line up apart from all the brackets?

It's a concern because I know those old-school guys are very serious about their bracket-racing.

Padre

PadreGTO said:
So where's everyone staying? Heard the main venue was full and that some were at an alternate hotel. I haven't registered yet.

Also, I looked at the drag-event, and looks like its class-based bracket racing only. Will they have a times-only class? That way Sarge and I can line up. Or can the organizers arrange for us to line up apart from all the brackets?

It's a concern because I know those old-school guys are very serious about their bracket-racing.

Padre
I'll look into it, Padre. I'll make sure that we'll be able to make provisions for grudge-matches during day. I'll get back to you.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.