LS1GTO Forums banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts
And Merdin, in my experience, they have several rounds for dial-ins. They could allow grudge-matches between those rounds. Also, once they actually start the brackets, they could again allow grudge-matches between the rounds. Maybe just let us sign up for "grudge-match" or "times-only".

Padre

PadreGTO said:
And Merdin, in my experience, they have several rounds for dial-ins. They could allow grudge-matches between those rounds. Also, once they actually start the brackets, they could again allow grudge-matches between the rounds. Maybe just let us sign up for "grudge-match" or "times-only".

Padre
Funny. That's almost exactly what my email to the Chairmen said. :D

I've heard that the Holiday Inn, (314)434-0100, may have some rooms opening up. The overflow Hotel is the Comfort Inn (314)878-1400. If anyone is having trouble finding rooms, let me know.

It never hurts to call and ask Padre, A couple of us Chi-towners called the main hotel after it was anounced that it was full and still found rooms there. If you are looking for a roomie, I have a guy sleeping on my floor that would like to upgrade to a bed :)

Merdin said:
Glad to hear that all you folks are coming down! :thumbs: Our goal for the event is at least 50 of the NewGTOs. That shouldn't be out of reach at all. It's just a matter of getting the word out and getting people to send in those forms. Hell, we have about 20 '04-'05's here in St. Louis that haven't registered yet! :eek:
You don't think 50 New GTO would ware out our welcome? I could easily see that many 04'/ 05' cars offending many of the "real" GTO owners. We caught a lot of attitude from many members last year. Most were polite when we were near our own cars but if they didn't know you were an owner of an 04' they slammed them hard. It wouldn't surprise me if they created a rule that closed the GTOAA Nats to 04+ GTO next year if we show up too strongly.

I think you will see a lot of registrations @ the first week of June, people tend to wait for the last minute.

Well, I'm gonna behave myself, but if I catch alot of attitude, I'll never come back.......I can guarantee you that.

I dont care what they say. My car is a Pontiac GTO, and they are the GTOAA. I belong there as much as someone who has a '64 GTO that he purchased in '64

sxty8goats said:
You don't think 50 New GTO would ware out our welcome? I could easily see that many 04'/ 05' cars offending many of the "real" GTO owners. We caught a lot of attitude from many members last year. Most were polite when we were near our own cars but if they didn't know you were an owner of an 04' they slammed them hard. It wouldn't surprise me if they created a rule that closed the GTOAA Nats to 04+ GTO next year if we show up too strongly.

I think you will see a lot of registrations @ the first week of June, people tend to wait for the last minute.
Getting the "Old Goats" attention is EXACTLY what I'd like to see happen. :gr_devil: but I'm hoping for the opposite response.

There's been a lot of discussion in the GTOAA about the NewGTOs. There are some (hopefully a vocal minority) that want to exclude us from the club. I know that my experience with the local club has been great. I think if we show up in force, it will get the attention of the management and make them realize that they're better off with us in the group. If they want to stay strong, it would behoove them to include us. Our numbers (of cars) are growing. They can't say the same for the classics. We have the numbers to start our own national group if it comes to that. I was a part of that with the '94-'96 Imps. But, speaking from experience, we'd be better off if we can work with the GTOAA. And, frankly, I'd enjoy it more. The classics add a lot to an event for me. As much as I love the NewGTOs, a parking lot full of them doesn't offer a very wide variety. :wall:

You'll probably hear the derogatory comments, I'm sure. Just show them the GTO on the fender and tell 'em to deal with it. Maybe challenge them to the drags and autocross too. :p

I'm sure you're right about the late entries. Human nature, I guess.

HRJ said:
Well, I'm gonna behave myself, but if I catch alot of attitude, I'll never come back.......I can guarantee you that.
And I'm just the opposite.... If I get a bunch of attitude, I'm inclined to gather as many fellow NewGTOs and swarm 'em. :slap:

Warren said:
I dont care what they say. My car is a Pontiac GTO, and they are the GTOAA. I belong there as much as someone who has a '64 GTO that he purchased in '64
I couldn't agree more. :patriot:

I need to get my form in ........

:sneaky:

HRJ said:
And I can guarandamtee you that there will be very few old-school GTOs running faster than me or Sarge. That's why I'll just have a big SEG on my face when I hear the comments. Heck, if I put my Nittos on, I could do the 600-mile trip, run 11's and spank 'em all, and drive back home. (As it is, I'm trailering it.)

But I will say this, from my experience at the Pontiac Uprising with Warren in Wichita, the old-schoolers really could care less about the new GTOs. They might comment now that we're on the radar and especially if we make our presence known or start some sh*t (like CMNT), but they're in their own little world and we're just an uncomfortable distraction. Most of the old-schoolers in Wichita just politely ignored us.

Padre

PadreGTO said:
And I can guarandamtee you that there will be very few old-school GTOs running faster than me or Sarge.
Padre
DB is hoping to be running very low 12's or 11's by that time also......

:gr_devil: :gr_devil:

The only positive response by the classic owners I heard last year came from owners who also owned an 04'. It is a shame.. I also understand their attiude. A bunch of those guys/gals put a lot of blood and sweat into their cars and are rightfully proud of their work. I, on the other hand, bought it a few months before and spent a week and a half detailing a stock car.

We represnt a plot to destroy the Jedi..

PadreGTO said:
Most of the old-schoolers in Wichita just politely ignored us.

Padre
That would be fine......and civil. But, I'm not gonna make round 2 if it's made clear that we're not wanted. If that ends up to be the case, I'll organize a LS1GTO national meet and the old timers club can just wither away.

sxty8goats said:
I, on the other hand, bought it a few months before and spent a week and a half detailing a stock car.
I can guarantee you that Padre has a hellofalot more than a week and a half in his car....lol

HRJ said:
I can guarantee you that Padre has a hellofalot more than a week and a half in his car....lol
Heck, I'm not even gonna detail it. I'm not coming for the show. I'm coming to kick some Texan ass. That's why my sign will say:

"The Iquisitor. 2004 Pontiac GTO. 12.216 @ 112.90. Next question?"

Padre

PadreGTO said:
And I can guarandamtee you that there will be very few old-school GTOs running faster than me or Sarge......

Padre
We had a race committee meeting last weekend and the topic of helmets came up. I suggested that we make sure that everyone's aware that they'll need a helmet to race. I was told that not too many would need a helmet for the 1/4 mile (<14sec). I reminded them that almost every '04-'05 will. :p

Padre, in Wichita there were those that ignored us, those that were impressed by you, and those that were very, very excited that we were there. I worked a little to get more of the '04 owners there, and when you put out the challenge, I figured there would be more of us. Turns out that it was just you and I (04matadorred showed up after you left), and Sarge was scared of you back then.

The GTO club in Wichita had all of the '04 owners line up for a picture to welcome the new GTO's. The old GTOAA is getting older and older, and they NEED new blood to keep the club alive. If everyone has an old Goat, and they are old how long will this club last?

DevilYellow has worked hard to get us as part of the GTOAA. I for one want to thank him, and the GTOAA should be thanking him in my opinion.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.