LS1GTO Forums banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Oh don't get me wrong. The Wichita club was great - especially the hosts. They even added the FWD class for the GTP guys. But for the most part, it was two different worlds. Remember who we hung out with? And only Paul Zazarine came over to check out our cars and give us kudos.

Padre

What I don't get is this :

I have owned a 64 and a 67 GTO. While I owned those cars, I had nothing but admiration for the newer cars capabilities and prayed that GM would build a late model GTO. I dunno.....I have been in their shoes.....Ive owned those cars and know exactly how hard it is to find a tri-power manifold for a 64 389 with it's "special" bolt pattern, etc.....I know how proud I was of the heritage of the car I owned. But I never have understood why people want to pull that "holier than thou" crap. Like I said, if they make it clear that they don't want us, then I'm definitely not going to force my car down their throat....The way I figure, it would be their loss, not mine.

HRJ said:
What I don't get is this :

I have owned a 64 and a 67 GTO. While I owned those cars, I had nothing but admiration for the newer cars capabilities and prayed that GM would build a late model GTO. I dunno.....I have been in their shoes.....Ive owned those cars and know exactly how hard it is to find a tri-power manifold for a 64 389 with it's "special" bolt pattern, etc.....I know how proud I was of the heritage of the car I owned. But I never have understood why people want to pull that "holier than thou" crap. Like I said, if they make it clear that they don't want us, then I'm definitely not going to force my car down their throat....The way I figure, it would be their loss, not mine.
I totally agree that it would be their loss. I just hope they don't make the mistake.

Off topic:
I'm in a discussion right now with a couple "haters" on another forum. I'm trying to break down their argument. At least for one guy, it boils down to 1) No retro styling 2) a non-pontiac drive train. I've conceded the styling point. But, does anyone remember the last year that a Firebird or TA had a "pontiac" motor?

Merdin said:
But, does anyone remember the last year that a Firebird or TA had a "pontiac" motor?
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure 1979 was the last year for the Pontiac 400 engine. By 1982 and the 3rd-gen f-bodies, there were no longer any Pontiac V8's in f-bodies. (Might be wrong though.)

Padre

Merdin said:
I totally agree that it would be their loss. I just hope they don't make the mistake.

Off topic:
I'm in a discussion right now with a couple "haters" on another forum. I'm trying to break down their argument. At least for one guy, it boils down to 1) No retro styling 2) a non-pontiac drive train. I've conceded the styling point. But, does anyone remember the last year that a Firebird or TA had a "pontiac" motor?
Why would you even bother? The hell with them.

HRJ said:
Why would you even bother? The hell with them.
I guess it's in my nature to try and understand their motivation. It doesn't make any sense to me, so I'm trying to figure it out. It's not an ugly conversation, otherwise I wouldn't be wasting my time.

I got a conformation e-mail for my registration today. Somehow, I am registered as #69. Surely there are more than 69 people registered.

(heee hee, I'm #69)

I sent it on Saturday, I do belive.

wow I was hoping for a low number, 68 would be sweet, I sent mine in on Friday. I doubt there will be much chance of that.

I suspect that there will be a rush of appliacations right around the June 10 cut off date for mail ins. I was something like 570 last year.

My biggest pet peve with the classic owners is their "It doesn't have a Pontiac drive train" Well nothing does anymore. HEck most cars have a very generic drive train that is shared accross multiple platforms and makes. Show me a modern Poncho drive train that will out preform the factory LSx motors and I'll slap on in.

response to Grudge Racing question

From Brian Ray (racing coordinator):
"Excellent idea!!! On the race day schedule, I'll advertise "grudge
racing" in-between the bracket rounds for anyone who is interested.
Obviously, they can do it during the test-n-tune as well."

Let the shit-talking begin! :slap:
(or continue) :)

We're dedicated to making this a good event for everyone (within reason, of course). If any of you have questions, or know of others with concerns, PLEASE let me know.

04redgto said:
im register #86!!
fak.........I am glad you posted this, I gotta send my form in tomorrow

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.