LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 05 Magnaflow Catback Exhaust work on my 04???

I currently have an 04 Corsa Sport Exhaust with Dynatech Highflow cats, and am switching my exhaust setup, b/c I am doing a 04 to 05 bumper conversion.

Thanks.

Chrissy:gears:

·
[email protected] TX muscle cars.
6,472 Posts
i was almost positive it was diff. at the front, where it bolts up..i thought it had a little different bend in it to fit up to the connecting pipes...because i ws going to do the same thing and noticed i would have to also get o5 connecting pipes for the headers...but i could be wrong

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, then it's a no go???

You must modify where the 05 Magnaflow Catback meets up with the 04 Midpipes??

·
WANTED ALIVE!!!!
3,799 Posts
for u to do the conversion u have to get 05 midpipes. I'm also doing the conversion and i'm just waiting for the person to send me the pipes. Docgto did it also he's giving me great advice.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I just threw doing the same conversion. you'll need the 05 mid pipe's.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do I need the 05 midpipes/will they work if I am running aftermarket cats (dynatech) and SW 1 3/4 Lt Headers, or will my shop need to fab up some piping using my current 04 frankenstein setup?

What is the difference between the 04/05 midpiping..can someone post pics of the difference, so I can see what everyone is talking about??

·
WANTED ALIVE!!!!
3,799 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yea you need 05 mid pipes because where they connect to the 05 catback they are right next to each other side by side. On the 04s you can see they are a good ways apart and angled where they connect to the 04 catback. My 05 kooks mid pipes are getting here tommorrow, woohoo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts