LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I know about the '05 order situation...

I placed an order on 7/29, it was accepted by the system the following week. I now have a TPW of 9/20. Estimated delivery is supposed to be 3rd week of November. I have seen the actual dates and status in the dealer's computer.

Apparently, they hold all GTO's in Australia until they have enough ready for a complete ship load (?) so actual shipping date is determined by when they have enough for a ship, then what I hear is that when they arrive in the US, they are all shipped together to the midwest (Kansas ?) then shipped out to the individual dealers all over the country.

Bottom line, a lot is involved with the final shipping that can effect the actual delivery dates. I wouldn't be surprised to see the first '05's on the same ship as the last '04's. :confused:

We still don't know the actual MSRP, but I am still expecting a 1-1.5% increase over the base MSRP. Adding the options will take the final numbers up to that $1,000 to $1,500 number. Dealer is a good, long term friend and business associate. He has no reason to lie or lead me on.

I'll keep everyone posted with progress and changes. Apparently mine is one of the first '05 orders accepted and scheduled for build.

I know this doesn't make me an expert and we appreciate the trail that the '04 owners blazed for us. I am really looking forward to getting my new '05. I've owned a lot of cars over the years but have not been this excited about getting one before. :bubbrub

·
Registered
392 Posts
radczr, Kansas. makes little scense for the GTO's arrive @ Port Benicia ,Ca. My GTO did arrive in Benicia..it did not go to Kansas then back to California? ... Cos

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
yes the boat comes to benicia ,wich is 8 min from me, dose not go to kansas they are shipped from here. to all over i always see truck loads of GTO's and the trains leave from the port.maybe ill run over there when the 05's come out and take some pics cause my car will be on it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it sounds bizarre. :eek2: Maybe there's someone out there that knows more about it. I'm just relaying what I heard.

Perhaps it's all the cars for the midwest and east coast, which could make more sense. I'm getting this information on mine which is coming to Denver.

:bubbrub

·
Registered
524 Posts
I placed an order on 7/29, it was accepted by the system the following week. I now have a TPW of 9/20. Estimated delivery is supposed to be 3rd week of November. I have seen the actual dates and status in the dealer's computer.

Good Luck. There are folks on this board who had early September TPW's who didn't get their cars til February, 04. I First spoke with my dealer February, 03, ordered and had number 6/5/03 (one of the first on the board) got TPW 10/20, moved back to 10/30, car built 11/03 delivered 2/2/04. I expect they have gotten the delivery smoothed out some. The anticipation is going to drive you nuts! :)

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
I see very few impulse blues or cosmos....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, those are great pics of the boat unloading, Zbaron. Keep an eye out for our "Goat Boat". Our cars will probably be in the same shipment.

:secret:

·
3,327 Posts
Tails :)drink: :drink: ) used to have a thread of the shipping routes and such. I am one of the few who pre-ordered last year and actually recieved mine to the dealer within the 90 day TPW/delivery window.

The reason that most cars go to Kansas is because of the rail yards there. It is a central distribution center. Probably helped me out quite a bit to tell you the truth. Cosmos Guy's is not the only one to arrive in California, go to Kansas City, and come back.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Howdy all, I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

I ordered my 2005 on August 12th, as far as I know the order has not been accepted and has not received a TPW yet. I have not called my dealer and checked in 4-5 days, I feel like I am bugging the hell out of the poor lady that tracks orders so I am trying to back off. Anyways, I have received the "Vehicle Order Detail" sheet so I know the order is in the system. I am the first 2005 order at this dealer and they are a huge dealer here in Houston. My question is, when do you all think I should expect the order to be accepted and get a TPW by? :banghead:

Thanks and good luck to all other 05 orders, I really hope everything goes smoother than it did for the 04 guys. 04 guys, thanks for burning the path for us, I know I appreciate it!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
GonnaGetta2005Goat said:
Howdy all, I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

I ordered my 2005 on August 12th, as far as I know the order has not been accepted and has not received a TPW yet. I have not called my dealer and checked in 4-5 days, I feel like I am bugging the hell out of the poor lady that tracks orders so I am trying to back off. Anyways, I have received the "Vehicle Order Detail" sheet so I know the order is in the system. I am the first 2005 order at this dealer and they are a huge dealer here in Houston. My question is, when do you all think I should expect the order to be accepted and get a TPW by? :banghead:

Thanks and good luck to all other 05 orders, I really hope everything goes smoother than it did for the 04 guys. 04 guys, thanks for burning the path for us, I know I appreciate it!
WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!!

·
"YELOJKT"
784 Posts
I remember seeing rows and rows of GTO's at the GM Fairfax Plant in Kansas City, Kansas before they were being delivered to the dealers in big numbers. They were having problems with dead batteries and a bunch were hooked up to chargers. Couldn't get close enough to get decent pictures. I believe that KC is one of the central distribution centers. I'll have to go back down there in November when the 05's are starting to arrive.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I know the 18" wheels are delayed, and the autocross body pieces. Can you do a spoiler delete order right now?

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
i have a buddie works at the docks he said he would call me when the 05 arrive at port so i can run down and take some pics.so i hope in NOV that will happen

3 more months i hate waiting ..but its ok i have an 04GTO and 2002TA to enjoy till then...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Warren said:
Tails :)drink: :drink: ) used to have a thread of the shipping routes and such.
http://www.flindersports.com.au/ship_sched.htm is the website. If you do a forum search on ship or shipping starting last September you should see a ton of shipping type of information. Hopefully they will not ship the cars through Kansas this time. Mine went through Kansas before it was shipped back here to Washington State.

:drink::drink:

·
Registered
104 Posts
you can't do a spoiler delete, but for the people that want an 05 without the hood scoops which is what I want. It is available

·
mmm beer nuts
259 Posts
zbaron said:
OK here ya go the unloading of the 1st GTO's 8 min from my house
all gto"s come here 1st from auzzi
note look no tails on unload
here are the pics

those are 2004s right? I don't see any hood scoops

1 - 20 of 22 Posts