LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered (or at least started the process) my 05 Black/Red A4 GTO last night at the largest Pontaic dealer in my area. The president of this dealership represents all of the North New England area at GM meetings. I was told that no orders are being accepted by GM yet, that a down payment only reserved a place in line when the orders are placed. They told me that GM would not accept an order when there is no price tag yet. (The price is expected to be about 3% more than the 04's). The ordering manager said the original production start date was to begin in September, but due to the 04's still on the lots and some not even delivered yet, GM moved the start of production to mid November and first delivery dates to be the earliest in February. They said there is no way GM would want the new 05's on the lots next to the 04's at the same time. The manager even said the 05 would make it very difficult ,even with incentives, to sell the 04's. These people didn't even try to sell me an 04 so I don't think they are lying to me just to get me to buy an 04. They still have 3 04's left to be delivered including the new red one. The order sheet had no 18" wheel options, but did have the Phantom Black Sport apperance package as an option. All price areas are w/a. They had no expected date that the orders will start to be accepted.
If anyone here has an order that has been accepted, please give me the dealer names as my dealer would like to contact them to see how they have orders being accepted. Thanks.
Also of note.. I learned that when a vehicle on GM Buy Power is listed as being at a dealership, it always is not. They have a Red/Red M6 listed at this dealership. When they ran a check it is a car not even delivered yet. VIN #'s match and shows shipped 9/23/04 but not arrived yet.
PS...I am #1 on this "wait list" !!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Several people have already posted here and at other sites that GM has been accepting 2005 GTO orders since the beginning of August. Had to accept that early to schedule for the original start up date of September. Mastria Pontiac in Raynham has had a fair amount of GTOs, so I am sure they already have a few 2005s on order.

Here is a link to one such thread: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5713

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yep, Mojoman66 Is Correct

Mojoman66 said:
I ordered (or at least started the process) my 05 Black/Red A4 GTO last night at the largest Pontaic dealer in my area. The president of this dealership represents all of the North New England area at GM meetings. I was told that no orders are being accepted by GM yet, that a down payment only reserved a place in line when the orders are placed. They told me that GM would not accept an order when there is no price tag yet. (The price is expected to be about 3% more than the 04's). The ordering manager said the original production start date was to begin in September, but due to the 04's still on the lots and some not even delivered yet, GM moved the start of production to mid November and first delivery dates to be the earliest in February. They said there is no way GM would want the new 05's on the lots next to the 04's at the same time. The manager even said the 05 would make it very difficult ,even with incentives, to sell the 04's. These people didn't even try to sell me an 04 so I don't think they are lying to me just to get me to buy an 04. They still have 3 04's left to be delivered including the new red one. The order sheet had no 18" wheel options, but did have the Phantom Black Sport apperance package as an option. All price areas are w/a. They had no expected date that the orders will start to be accepted.
If anyone here has an order that has been accepted, please give me the dealer names as my dealer would like to contact them to see how they have orders being accepted. Thanks.
Also of note.. I learned that when a vehicle on GM Buy Power is listed as being at a dealership, it always is not. They have a Red/Red M6 listed at this dealership. When they ran a check it is a car not even delivered yet. VIN #'s match and shows shipped 9/23/04 but not arrived yet.
PS...I am #1 on this "wait list" !!
I just spoke with my dealer, here in Tulsa, and he said exactly what Mojoman66 said. Pontiac will take the order but will not accept it 'til Nov. What a setback! '04s first delivered in December - now '05s in February. NOT good.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Wasnt their some sort of strike at a plant that makes something for the GTO and Monaro in Australia that was holding back the production of the Monaro not long ago? Perhaps this is still a delay.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Waits for YOU KNOW WHO to enter the thread.

:D

·
Registered
362 Posts
CSiJason said:
Wasnt their some sort of strike at a plant that makes something for the GTO and Monaro in Australia that was holding back the production of the Monaro not long ago? Perhaps this is still a delay.
Holden stopped production this year for a few weeks, however this was a planned stoppage, for upgrade work to the plant, new machinery for the VE model coming up etc, nothing to worry about, was planned all along.

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
Mojoman what dealership are you talking about?

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
I only have one question...

Fast GTO said:
Waits for YOU KNOW WHO to enter the thread.

:D
directed to the people concerned:

When you eat crow, what does it taste like?

When the 05's came out I made 3 predictions:

1. They will cost more than the projected 1% over 04 prices
2. They will be tremendously marked up, worse than 04's were.
3. They will NOT arrive in December, more like Feb/Mar.

I made a lot of enemies in this board out of "05 wannabe's" who claimed to be world experts on a car that has not been produced yet. How do you like that crow made, sir? Medium-Rare? Well done? Bloody rare?

·
6speedguy
120 Posts
I ordered an 05 black/black 6speed 9-15-04 was accepted and have a build date of the week of 11-08-04 . GMS was accepted. Roberts Pontiac, Lapeer Mi.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
I hope to god it wasn't Columbia Pontiac in Hanover.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
Did you ask them what they are selling 04's at?

·
Registered
104 Posts
My dealership has already ordered 3 05's. We have also ordered a black/black A4 with the sport appearance package and they were taken by GM. Build date is in November if I remember correctly

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
I ordered an '05 for myself on 8/27. TPW is 11/8/04.
See signature for Dealer details.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gmsgto said:
My dealership has already ordered 3 05's. We have also ordered a black/black A4 with the sport appearance package and they were taken by GM. Build date is in November if I remember correctly
GMSGTO--- What is the name of the dealership? My dealer would like to contact any dealerships that have orders in to find out how they did it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
What we are talking about here is that Tulley dosen't know when they will be able to order a 2005 GTO with the exterior appearance packages? I reread your first post and that is the only interpetation that makes sense. It has been posted that the exterior packages are being cancelled as options, and orders that had been placed with them were returned to dealers for correction.

That Tulley thinks 2005 haven't been ordered or can't be ordered is silly. HRJ (Joe) or GMSGTO try using your dealerships systems to see if Tulley Pontiac in Nashua, NH has any 2005 GTOs on order. Would think a big dealership would.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Miss-our-GTO said:
What we are talking about here is that Tulley dosen't know when they will be able to order a 2005 GTO with the exterior appearance packages? I reread your first post and that is the only interpetation that makes sense. It has been posted that the exterior packages are being cancelled as options, and orders that had been placed with them were returned to dealers for correction.

That Tulley thinks 2005 haven't been ordered or can't be ordered is silly. HRJ (Joe) or GMSGTO try using your dealerships systems to see if Tulley Pontiac in Nashua, NH has any 2005 GTOs on order. Would think a big dealership would.
Unfortunately, I am not able to view other dealers orders (I've tried for a forum member already.) You're right, though. It makes no sense at all, unless they are trying to push their '04 inventory.

·
Registered
600 Posts
HRJ said:
Unfortunately, I am not able to view other dealers orders (I've tried for a forum member already.) You're right, though. It makes no sense at all, unless they are trying to push their '04 inventory.

I watched a dealer do it last year using the locator function. He chose the dealers town and was able to see cars in their inventory, on the way from the factory and ordered. GM must have changed it.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
GM can find any car in inventory from about 200 miles away. THey did that for me. They type in required options and not desired options and it brings up cars that meet the critiria.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts