LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be worth it to wait for the 05' model? what would be the advantages/disadvantages? will the 05' be made in the US? if so, wouldnt that make this 04' all the more priceless...being the only GTO ever made out of the US with only 18k. that'd be sweet. some how i dont think so though... anyone?

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
danny760 said:
would it be worth it to wait for the 05' model? what would be the advantages/disadvantages? will the 05' be made in the US? if so, wouldnt that make this 04' all the more priceless...being the only GTO ever made out of the US with only 18k. that'd be sweet. some how i dont think so though... anyone?
I've heard from somebody in the know that 2007 is the planned timing for a redesign / move to the US. Which is pretty fast to design a new car even. There's no way to make a completely new car design by 2005.
As for upgrades - nobody knows yet. I would guess they may give some options instead of selling a base car - but only a guess. Onstar and XM were supposed to be offered but there was no time to work it into 2004 so I would almost guarantee them both in '05.
As for making them in the states - I would assume that as long as it is straight off of the Monaro it will be built in Australia - so that will also take you to the '07 before it changes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
crazywop112 said:
In 2005 GTO production is going to increase to about 30,000. So dealers will have more of them in inventory. So it should be slightly easier to purchase one in 2005.
Never heard that one, since the Elizabeth factory is already at max production capacity.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I got my info about increased production in 2005 from this site. I don't know how accurate this sites info is.

This was quoted on the site " Also...while 18,000 Holden GTO's will make their way to American soil in 2004, 30,000 Holdens are making their way to the states the following year."

http://www.fordvschevy.com/

·
Registered
227 Posts
That is really old information. It also states the Maximum Bob Lutz says that there will be 2 engine choices for 2004 which we now know is not true.

If it happens than more the merrier, but I dont see it happening.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Your right this article is old. Production should increase though. Production on the Impala SS and Grand National both increased as time progressed. They can always build more. If they don't we are going to have a real shortage of GM muscle until whatever year GM comes out with another model.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
However I thought by agreement with UAW there will be no more than 18,000 a year for the first three years.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
227 Posts
That makes sense since the '07 car is going to be produced here.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It was my understanding that the '04 car will have XM radio, is that not correct?? Heck XM has a contest right now with the GTO as the grand prize, it wouldn't make much sense to give away a car that doesn't offer it standard!! Anyone know for sure??:confused:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
You might as well just wait for the '06 or maybe the '07 or maybe the '08! Why? Each year, including the rumored '07 redesign anf move stateside will warranty improvements. That happens with any automobile/truck. If you sit around and wait for the next year, it'll never end and in the meantime you'll be missing out on the enjoyment of the current '04!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
britus56 said:
It was my understanding that the '04 car will have XM radio, is that not correct?? Heck XM has a contest right now with the GTO as the grand prize, it wouldn't make much sense to give away a car that doesn't offer it standard!! Anyone know for sure??:confused:

No XM radio. You have to put one in yourself.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
1,597 Posts
Wow, this is an old thread

·
Freedom Fighter
744 Posts
this is the second resurrected thread in the last couple minutes. wishahadagoat is online right now. i dont even remember that name.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts