LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 06 ls2 with a six speed tranny im looking to take out the 346 gear and putting in either a 373 gear or a 410 411 gear will it affect any thing like the comp. settings or will that swap make the car go slower on the track i can deal with a altered highway speedim thinking old school:gears: :gears:

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
You will need to recalibrate the speedo. Can be done with a dyno tune, or hand held tuner. You might not be able to dyno tune yet. Not sure because of the LS2.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still thinking gear swap

thanks would you know how much gear these engines and trannyswill handle without seriously hurting anything im also looking at other mods also i didnt buy the car for its looks which arnt badi like the sleeper look

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
As far as I know. 3.91's are about the biggest without going solid axle, of ford nine inch.

I am also planning on getting 500 natural horse power. At the flywheel. I think 3.91's are big enough. Should not hurt anything but milage, and running out of rpm's quicker.

·
Driveline upgrades & parts.
1,662 Posts
We do the 3.91's day in day out! They're a great thing.... may hurt your gas mileage on an A4 though a few A4 guys have been going 3.73 lately and loving it! :gears:

Kurt

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cost

SteveNaz said:
Whats the typical cost of a gear swap?
im not sure on the newer cars on the older cars the ring and pinion cost abt. 200. to 350. to have installed depends i would abt. 300. to 500. unless you have a friend that sets up rears a case of beer this job is not to do your self unless you know how to shim up rears i found that out a long time ago tried it lasted two weeks i hope there still around the same price range

1 - 7 of 7 Posts