LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i know stock for stock its not much of a matchup but he had an exhaust so what the heck. so anywho it started out like this i with some friends, when this kid walks up to me and is like is that the 6.0 with 400 horse i said yeah. So i replied: nice cobra what year is it? he would not tell me the year he just said its really fast. ( so im thinking shit hes got a terminator) so i say to him pop the hood let me see what you got? and he said no. I then replied when then ill tell you what we will race for it if i win i see whats under the hood. and he if won he could have my sneakers??? dont ask he just wanted them. So we agreed we twice from a dig first race i let off at like 90 with about a bus or 2 on him ( serious). second race he pulls up and says the only reason why you won is because its a auto!!! i started laughing and said an m6 would eat that ass even more. last race i had no traction at all and fishtailed through 1st and a bit through second and still beat him by 5 cars. are these cars really that slow or did he just suck???

·
Registered
251 Posts
ihaterice said:
are these cars really that slow or did he just suck???
99 Cobra's are 316 HP and weigh 3500 pounds stock. They do take to mods quite well. Mine ran 13.6's with a cat back, CAI, and DRs. Absolutely no match for a GTO at that state of mods. I love hearing about a big mouth getting his ass handed to him.

Nice kill and way to put him in his place. I am gald you didn't have to give up your sneakers :secret:

·
CEO Afros Across America(AAA)
3,005 Posts
nice job.

my buddy just moved back home from iowa and he has a 96 cobra and im wondering how ill do against him. hes got some decent tires and a good clutch but nothing more. ive got an 04 completely stock down to the original tires so we will see.

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
those cars get a bit quicker with some gears. nice runs, you should have raced him for his rims, then he would have had to get a tow home and you could have sold his rims for a nice profit! shoes for shoes

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are etnies by the way, i actually saw him today i was with my girlfriend in her cavalier and couldnt help but laugh when i saw him in his cobra

·
True Story
422 Posts
ihaterice said:
they are etnies by the way, i actually saw him today i was with my girlfriend in her cavalier and couldnt help but laugh when i saw him in his cobra
ooo no wounder he wanted them... i have adio's

·
4 Doors?
1,196 Posts
71 gto said:
nice job.

my buddy just moved back home from iowa and he has a 96 cobra and im wondering how ill do against him. hes got some decent tires and a good clutch but nothing more. ive got an 04 completely stock down to the original tires so we will see.

You should have told me he was here in IA. I would have been glad to race him for you. Not much else to do around here.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
nice kill. i got 03 cobra kill. welcome to the snake pit. lol

·
whats under the hood? stock..
825 Posts
so did you ever see what was under the hood?

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
o yea !!!!! shit i forgot it turned out it was a salvage gt with a 99 cobra driveline....... damn fool

·
Old Goat
261 Posts
71 gto said:
nice job.

My E.T. in the GTO is in the signature. Click here for my signature in a Mustang forum I also am a member of. It's a 96 Cobra Convertible http://kc-mustangs.com/KCM/member.php?u=62 Should be DAMN close if I ever get them both to the strip on the same night!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts