LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so me and this guy I work with were bored at work one day so we decided to run our cars for time trials at 1/2 mile. well he ran high 26.00 and I ran low 26.00. we both didnt have a good launch due to gravel on the road. my speed was 127 mph in 4th and he ran 120ish mph going into 5th. dont know if this is a good kill (he has more expierence with a manual than I do considering this is my first manual)

06 quicksilver gto M6
k&n aircharger
5% rear windows 20% front tint

Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no I beat him before I got my windows tinted and I had my stock airbox on. I thought window tint = +10hp

06 quicksilver gto M6
k&n aircharger

·
9 Second Club
14,784 Posts
gunnersmatejmac said:
so me and this guy I work with were bored at work one day so we decided to run our cars for time trials at 1/2 mile. well he ran high 26.00 and I ran low 26.00. we both didnt have a good launch due to gravel on the road. my speed was 127 mph in 4th and he ran 120ish mph going into 5th. dont know if this is a good kill (he has more expierence with a manual than I do considering this is my first manual)

06 quicksilver gto M6
k&n aircharger

I was hitting 4th right in front of the traps when I ran the last 1/4 mile and that was on stock rear gears. If you were in 4th at the 1/2 mile, did you pull the entire last 1/4 mile in 4th? I go 3-4 between 90 and 100 or did before the 3.91s.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shifted from 3-4 90~ when I reached the 1/2 mile I was close to redline in 4th cause I had to shut it down.

06 quicksilver gto M6
k&n aircharger

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess not a good kill

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Being in front is always good. Unless the cops are there ;)

·
You build it, I break it!
4,621 Posts
redline in 4th should put you around 140mph i think right, with standard gears in the back anyhow? Correct me if i am wrong.

Anthony

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no cops I work in the middle of the desert...I was about to hit 6k on the tach at 130mph

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I just noticed your location. I had a brother stationed there for a few years. He used to ride his bike alot out there. That was back in the 70's.
Any mods to your buddy's car?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when we ran they were both stock...his is still stock but quick for a 4 banger...

·
Pure Power
485 Posts
Dunno, Ive owned 2 GTI's and MK3, and 4. Which one does he have 1.8T, or Vr6? Neither of them stock should be able to come close to you if your driving correctly. A HEAVILY(stock turbo) modded GTI would be lucky to run with you stock

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he has the 1.8T...we both didnt get a good launch. and this is my first M6

·
Pure Power
485 Posts
gunnersmatejmac said:
he has the 1.8T...we both didnt get a good launch. and this is my first M6

Okay that would explain it then. Noway he comes even close to you stock, like i stated even if he's heavily modded he wont come close on the stock turbo.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was a good race due to how narrow the road is we just ran for time...after he found out that I had a faster time he kept going back trying to beat my time.

·
9 Second Club
14,784 Posts
Great Kill!!! Sorry I didn't say that up front....Good post too. I think we all got so wrapped up in the shifting and such we forgot to read page two. We generally include the comment MMOB or not MMOB (Minding My Own Business) in kill posts, gets everyone in the right mood, sort of like a prop blast, tradition.:patriot:

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks WRP... it was a MK V. I think he said he was going ~120mph at the top end and I was ~130mph at the top end.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was shifting @ ~ 6100rpms

1 - 18 of 18 Posts