LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Reads Fine Print
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question to the other '06 owners out there (and those who have '06 taillights). Yesterday afternoon I noticed some "wrinkling" in the chromed area beside/behind the brake lights. It's much more pronounced on the passenger side than the driver's side...but it is there as well. Has anybody else noticed this?

A few months back I got rear-ended in the C4 with, thankfully, minimal damage. The bumps (he hit the car twice...don't get me started) caused one side of the rear fascia to develop "wrinkles" in the paint. These marks in the chromed area are strikingly similar in appearance. I wish I had a picture, but hopefully this is descriptive enough. I'm probably being overly anal, but was just curious as to if this is a unique issue. Since the lights are sealed, I honestly have no idea what could have caused them.

Thanks!

DC

·
Finally...Back to sea!!!
239 Posts
Checked mine, no wrinkling here.

·
DANG!
790 Posts
I saw brand new cars on the lot that were like that when the 06s first started showing up.

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
my 06 tails look great :D

·
New PB MPH - 127.54
2,376 Posts
I've got a little bit of condensation in the corners of mine toward the front of the car...not too happy about that. Haven't checked it today to see if its still there.

·
Reads Fine Print
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I was just making sure it wasn't a freak isolated case. It really doesn't bother me if it's one of those "you can get em replaced but it will happen again eventually" things. I'll just get em replaced eventually if/when it actually starts looking bad. I appreciate all the help!

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
3,830 Posts
I have 06 tails, and two '06's by me have the wrinkling as well as mine. You really only notice it when you are on top of it. So I am not too worried about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts