LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have TSW Thruxtons in 18x8 w/ 40mm backspace 245/40/18 and 18x9.5 w/ 45mm backspace and a 275/35/18. Tires are Nittos. I'm wanting to go with the King Springs and Monroe package from JHP in either a 1/2" or 1" drop. Anybody have any success stories w/ the 1" drop? I'm not afraid to trim the back fenders, but I'm also wondering how the fronts would do with a 1" drop.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on the Pedders 20mm drop (~.8") and have no problems. Not sure I would want to go much lower, though.
Are you running 275's out back, and did you trim your fenders at all? I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and getting some CCW's so I can lower it how ever much i want lol..

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
Are you running 275's out back, and did you trim your fenders at all? I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and getting some CCW's so I can lower it how ever much i want lol..
Yep. Running General Exclaim UHP 275's out back. Fenders trimmed as far as they'll go. No rubbing.

·
hammer down!!
458 Posts
SLAM IT!! these things look awesome low. mine rides great low too, if you were wondering.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
i had mine at 1 1/4 i raised it up to 1/2, i like the look of a full well but i dont like the look of it tucked and it makes it look odd when the back is that low and the front (because of the height of the fenders) is not.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I have a 1' front and 1 1/4 rear drop with TSW Thruxstons. No issues at all and I love it. This is the only pic I have on the wheels before I blew out the rears and slapped on the 17's lol

·
WARHAWK
2,111 Posts
Right now I have TSW Thruxtons in 18x8 w/ 40mm backspace 245/40/18 and 18x9.5 w/ 45mm backspace and a 275/35/18. Tires are Nittos. I'm wanting to go with the King Springs and Monroe package from JHP in either a 1/2" or 1" drop. Anybody have any success stories w/ the 1" drop? I'm not afraid to trim the back fenders, but I'm also wondering how the fronts would do with a 1" drop.
im in the same boat...i was wanting to go really low. but i think the problem lie's within the front. When turning i dont think we can clear the fenders. I was planning on getting the SSL/SL springs from king, but i was told it wouldnt work. So im trying to lean towards the 1" drop all the way around...in the end i know it wont be a full 1" drop probably around 3/4" actuall drop....that is why i really dont want to get the lovells 3/4" because it would probably be more around 1/2" or a little over actual drop. until you put 4 people in the car.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 1' front and 1 1/4 rear drop with TSW Thruxstons. No issues at all and I love it. This is the only pic I have on the wheels before I blew out the rears and slapped on the 17's lol

Wow were you running 275's in back? I'm assuming you trimmed your fenders all the way, what about rubbing?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
No I'm running 18x8 all the way around no rubbing or fender rolling needed what so ever on front or rear. I'm sure all you'll need is a fender roll in the rear and you'd be good to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
04BlackPlague
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing