LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just here for the View
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry the question is so late. Long day dealing with the insurance company, body shop, doctor, and other business, including my pretty much useless investment broker, and constant headaches (literally). So, here's a good question for you:

What's the highest yielding, legitimate Certificate of Deposit, Money Market account, or other safe investment?

This question will be different than the others. Rather than the first answer being worth 5 points, etc., the best safe investment with the highest yield will get 5 points, the second highest, 3 points, etc. Another exception: In the other questions, only your first answer counts. In this one, if you find something better, later, and PM it, that one will count.

Tomorrow, I'll go back to posting my "normal" questions.

PM the answers to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You didn't say anything about this investment being legal, did you? Cause my Uncle Frankie might have some good "investments" for you!!!

I'm just wondering how you are going to judge the best "safe" investment. If I bring you an investment that yields 10% that has restrictions (say a CD you can't touch for 5 years) versus a 9.5% yield with fewer restrictions, which is "safer"?

·
Just here for the View
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't say anything about this investment being legal, did you? Cause my Uncle Frankie might have some good "investments" for you!!!

I'm just wondering how you are going to judge the best "safe" investment. If I bring you an investment that yields 10% that has restrictions (say a CD you can't touch for 5 years) versus a 9.5% yield with fewer restrictions, which is "safer"?
Yes, it should be legal. If I could get either one of those rates, I'd be happy. Like I said, you can send more than one answer, and I'll determine which I think is the best.

·
Just here for the View
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now, I've got to run my car to the shop.

·
Just here for the View
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Score:

Since Leavehard was the only one who sent an answer, I'm giving him 10 points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts