LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to the Great Lakes Dragaway tonight for the first time ever. It was a great time but I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with my times. The best I did was 14.293 @ 99.37 mph and I averaged about 14.5 on my other runs. Never broke 100 mph. Comments, or suggestions?

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
The key here is in your own post. Your first time ever dragging. Dude, you need to
get some track time to start posting what this car is capable of. Good job on your first time, but don't be disappointed. You need more seat time. Good Luck.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would attach the video but it says it is too large at 1.85 megs. If anyone wants to host let me know.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
yeah, just takes practice. drag racing an M6 is much more difficult.
an auto you put it in gear and go, just make sure you dont peal out.
an M6 you you have use the clutch to get an optimal start (just the right amount of wheel spin). then you still have to do a lot of shifting in a matter of 14 seconds. its complicated. just takes time and practice.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
I quietly went to GLD earlier this year and ran similar times to yours, couldn't get a good 60' time. Either didn't slip it enough or wheel hopped.

Don't be discouraged. I took it hard. But I beat a 13 second 5.0 mustang in a street race, had just the right wheel spin after a 2500rpm take off and good shifting.

Isn't Byron dragway closer to you? People racing street cars tend to do well at Byron for some reason. You wanna meet at up at Byron or 66 later this summer?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OpticZ06- I sent the video, Thanks.

GMH GTO- I had to look up where Byron was and no its definately not closer. I'm only about 1 hr from GLD being just outside Janesville. I'd love to go again sometime and it would be great to have another GTO there. Let me know when. I generally have Fri -Sun nights off work so we would have to do it then.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I loved that... GO DADDY GO!!!! :D

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Pontiac GTO $33,190
Digital camera $500
Day at the track$50

Hearing your little girl say "Go daddy go!" priceless....

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blitzu said:
Great lakes has it's good days and bad ones. The best I could pull there with just the open cone was a [email protected] with a 2.179 60 foot.

I plan on going back tomorrow night or another night this week to beat that time with the tires and exhaust work, and modifications to the intake. I want one more track time before I install the LT headers in about 2 weeks :D

Not bad though... what were your 60 foots?
2.31 was my best 60' time. Let me know when you're going, maybe I'll meet you there.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
This Week at 'Da Grove:

Wednesday, July 21st: CLOSED DUE TO THUNDERSTORMS

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe Fri or Sat I could go. I know my launches were bad, I get too excited when those lights start going and all hell breaks loose (along with my tires) when I see that green light. I'll definately do better next time.

·
got rice?
480 Posts
cjlannoy said:
I got to the Great Lakes Dragaway tonight for the first time ever. It was a great time but I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with my times. The best I did was 14.293 @ 99.37 mph and I averaged about 14.5 on my other runs. Never broke 100 mph. Comments, or suggestions?
Same :bs: happened to me. I went this last sunday on 8/8 at Island Dragway and ran a 13.950 @ 100.79 mph. I'm also :mad: and I've been drag racing at the track almost 10 years. Not to mention I have a cold air intake and a borla catback I'll attach a link here soon with more details.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey OpticZ06, I've got a couple short vids of one of my husband's first times at the track, one from the stands and one from inside the GTO. How can I get them posted on here? I think the group would enjoy them. He's been averaging 14.4's/98 for about 15 runs now (completely stock) and could use some pointers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts