LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bone stock 2005 GTO A4 to the track today to see how it would do. I'm not really impressed with the ET's but I can see that the potential is there. The car did not run as good as my WS6 did stock, but oh well. the density altitude today was around 1800-1900'. So these ET's correct about 2 tenths better fwiw.

100% stock, stock tires, no weight removed:
8.97 @ 80, 2.11 60' <---launched off idle

Stock with the exception of torque management removed (HP Tuners):
8.83 @ 82, 2.08 60' <--- LIFTING THROTTLE in 2nd gear!

The wheelspin in 2nd gear was so bad after TM was removed, that i could not hold WOT. I had to lift every time.... i've never been in an automatic that had such a violent 1-2 shift. It literally would not stop spinning (i tried to ride it out a couple times but the car started shifting and thought it might go into the other lane).

So... I'm guessing the 8.83 could be improved a good bit when I go back with my bfg drag radials. I've got a set of 235/60/15 for my 15x8 pro stars. Just waiting on my ARP wheel studs to get here. And cooler weather coming soon will also help pick it up! Can't wait to get back out there!

·
CPO GTO
959 Posts
nice, times for first time out in the goat.
My F-body's were much easier to launch I think. Love this car though for its torque and interior.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CPO GTO said:
nice, times for first time out in the goat.
My F-body's were much easier to launch I think. Love this car though for its torque and interior.
thanks! and i agree, the interior is awesome and the car feels like it's got the power. Just need to tweak a few things and get the power to the ground. I've also got a set of drag bags on the way so i can convert some of that energy from the squat motion into forward motion.

i was able to get my 99 WS6 to an 8.0 eighth with just a torque converter, lid, cutout, and a ported TB. I sure hope I can match that with similar mods in the GTO!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Chameleon T/A said:
thanks! and i agree, the interior is awesome and the car feels like it's got the power. Just need to tweak a few things and get the power to the ground. I've also got a set of drag bags on the way so i can convert some of that energy from the squat motion into forward motion.

i was able to get my 99 WS6 to an 8.0 eighth with just a torque converter, lid, cutout, and a ported TB. I sure hope I can match that with similar mods in the GTO!

It's very possible. I chatted with a guy that was running 8.2 in his 05 GTO with converter, drag radials, and K&N drop in filter.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
what track? and was it yesterday? my car only ran that close to a 9 off the highway in the heat of the summer.

·
Registered
595 Posts
keep the maf cool and it will trap 83-85 mph. My car shifts HARD into second as well and this is with TM. I am thinking of keeping it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts