LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car surpries me more every day now.

Now that I got over 500 miles on it I have been not as gentle with it.

Coming home a few minutes ago a new XLR tried to do a run on me while on NJ 29. I dropped it in third around 70 and took off, hit 4th and traction control came on but just briefly and I was still pulling away from this guy. Then right where 29 goes under 95 its a nice long S curve with a tight exit to the right, took the whole thing at 90!!! WTF!!!! My 03 Z06 Vette would have skipped out a few feet over the couple bumps that are there, I didnt even feel the bumps in the GTO and it hugged the turn like it was on rails. The turn in was faster than in the Vette too. Something very strange (pleasantly I must add) with this car. I think Dave Hill could take a few lessons from the design team.

Now how was I able to pull on the XLR??? Its got the Vette motor and C6 underpinnings IIRC. Dude was tryin, you could tell and when I walked him he wouldn't get within 200 feet after that. :D

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Slowly but surely the population out there will learn....oh yes, they will learn....
:drink: :drink:

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK quick update, I did some research and found out the XLR has....

4.6L Northstar V8 VVT
320 hp at 6,400 rpm
310 lb-ft torque at 4,400 rpm

But even with 30 less HP and it being about 150 pounds lighter I walked away too fast for the numbers. Must be that T-56 tranny and the 3.46 gears

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I did a little further research and found on Cadillac's website that they quote a 0 - 60 time of "less than 6 seconds" and a 1/4 mi in 14.3 seconds.

If these is the same kind of 0 - 60 and 1/4 mi as the CTS-V (ie impossible for normal humans to attain), then it's no surprise you walked right on by. And even if they are normal-people attainable, it's still no surprise.

It's a 70k roadster. People that want a sports car aren't going to buy this - people that want a sporty Cadillac will. It's a prestige vehicle; nothing more.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Well, if the dude thought he was buying a fast car for the money, then I be pissed to
get jacked by the goat. If he just bought it cause it's cool, well then, it is a cool car.
I'm glad I got my goat.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
XLR is a great great car but in it's current trim only runs low 14's. It's a luxury 2 seater and was designed that way. I would expect most buyers to understand the limitations and compromises.

GTO handles incredible although i would like a little firmer ride the balance and smooth feeling of tossing the GTO is intoxicating.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The XLR has all the coolest toys and it is fairly quick but it is no muscle car. Very cool none the less. I really like the way the top goes up and down and the adaptive cruise control. Any way to get adaptive cruise on our goats?

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
It's a nice car

But the starting MSRP is $76,200.00

Two different classes of automobiles. The buyers of one are certainly not in the market or interested in the other.

Still a nice kill.

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
Nice kill :thumbs:

Anyone know if they're going to make a XLR-v? Wedge that LS6 in there, or even something else. They need something to compete with the SL55 AMG, with its 493hp. I know the General has it in him ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts