LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up everyone. Been a member on here now for just over a year. Big pontiac enthusiasts. First car was a 2004 grand prix gtp compG. Next was a 2005 grand prix gxp (5.3L v8 ) owned that car for about 8 years. T66 turbo.. meth kit..built trans ect
My goal was always the gto. Sold the gxp and picked up a 1988 trans am gta. The market went crazy and sold it. Flash back to Jan 8th 2022 I rented a enclosed trailer and began my 6hr drive one way to go pick up a 2006 gto srm m6.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Car

Fell in love instantly and brought the car home. After having it sit for a few days noticed the water pump leaking and from there spiraled the ( while I'm there parts ordere)
Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Replaced the water pump thermostat.. Cold case aluminum rad.. new silicone hoses.. all new belts..Tensioners.. and pulleys. And mighty mouse catch can.
Decided to do some maintenance and cleam the engine bay up so new plugs..wires. valve covers were powdercoated and adwell the coil brackets. And just cleaned everything I could up
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

Purchased a set of aeroforce gauges
Finger Input device Audio equipment Eyewear Gadget

And then proceed to fix a few more issues
Differential was leaking so fixed that and changed the fluid. May have done a few other things that I'm forgetting.
Finally spring time where I can drive the vehicle but here in Canada you need a vehicle inspection before you can drive so went out and got that done
Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

Now I can finally drive the car I put roughly 50 miles on the car and noticed when the oil was really hot it liked to tick. After thinking about it for a while I went head and pulled the heads off replaced all the lifters and pushrods and did a trunion upgrade. Send the heads out to he cleaned and Reassembled.
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Car

Started it up and it instantly sounded better on idle.. went out for a drive and again once the oil was hot would tick. Checked the oil pressure manually and cold was 40psi and hot was 17psi... drained the oil and it looked fine. Cut the oil filter open and found alot of glitter.
Next pulled the engine and removed oil pan
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Cam bearing's where shot. 2 rod bearing's where loose. Disassembled the engine and sent the block off to be repaired.
All new bearing..new rods..new piston rings and Crankshaft was sent out to be cleaned up
Now started my build at home.
Morel ls7 lifters
Btr lifter trays
Ls7 9 layer head gasket
Arp head studs
Btr cromoly push rods
Btr rocker trunion upgrade
Improved racing oil pan baffle
Melling high volume oil pump
Improved racing oil barbell
Improved racing oil pickup brace
Clotes billet timming set
Btr stage 2 camshaft
Btr 660 dual valve springs
Oil pan gasket
Rear main seal
Timing cover gasket
Valley tray gasket
Intake manifold gaskets
Arp crank bolt
Arp camshaft bolts
New cam retainer plate
Whiteline engine mounts
Revshift poly trans insert
Aswell as
New radius rod bushing
Tick performance billet shifter
T56 brass bushing
Tick shifter ball
Custom fuse box overlay
Crankshaft position sensor
New strut mount bushings
Whiteline sway bar end links.
Got it all back together. Got it dyni tuned .
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Car made 455whp and 421tq

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Vehicle Grille Car Hood Automotive lighting
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Automotive design

Vehicle Speedometer Car Tachometer Motor vehicle

It's now winter and I have pulled out the interior and I'm upgrading the stereo.. all new speakers.. new kenwood touch screen and adding sound deadening where possible. The wheels are out getting powdercoated aswell. Can't wait for this stupid snow to end and summer to be here :)

Just for fun couple pictures of the old rides
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Yes my name is Holden
Welcome to the group Uber 64; The Goddess of Speed has made ya work for your reward & what a "Reward"! Enjoy, wrench, enjoy, wrench, the cycle us Car Nuts live in. Could ya post the stage 2 cam specs, I'm curious as I don't get time to look at all the retailers various specs. I also shared the double badging with ya for many years, thanks. Ole' Bob.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the group Uber 64; The Goddess of Speed has made ya work for your reward & what a "Reward"! Enjoy, wrench, enjoy, wrench, the cycle us Car Nuts live in. Could ya post the stage 2 cam specs, I'm curious as I don't get time to look at all the retailers various specs. I also shared the double badging with ya for many years, thanks. Ole' Bob.
227/238 .620"/.605" 113.5LSA

Oh yes it one vicious cycle but I wouldn't have it any other way

Chickun maka lousy houspet
Man...that's a nice looking SRM GTO! When it comes to having problems with engines, I certainly feel your pain. Glad you got it back together!

The fact you've had a few other Pontiacs in your day is also pretty cool...(love the Comp G)!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts