LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We finally made it back to the track this past weekend and got the car down to [email protected] We made 3 passes that day, a 10.56, 10.54, and a 10.50. This was on a 275/40R17 BFG Drag Radial and stock wheels. Our ultimate goal is to be a member of the single digit club but we are fighting a race weight of 4120 lbs :eek2: We really want to do it on radials to and I think if we can get a 1.45 60 ft. out of it and squeeze another 50hp of juice, Here is the VIDEO
We will be posting videos shortly.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
Damn sweet! Congrats

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
That is awsome.I still can't believe the things are this heavy.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
sweet!!

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Great job! Almost as fast as the record Monaro in OZ . . .

Doc

·
Future GTO owner
187 Posts
Jeeeez...talk about a sleeper.

From the pic above the only thing you can notice is aftermarket rims.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
phobos512 said:
Something just occured to me...are you guys going to be at SEMA?
Unfortunately we couldn't get a spot. I do know of at least 3 GTO's that will be there in tuner booths. We are making it a point to be there next year.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
So this is with the 408?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rob said:
So this is with the 408?
Yes, the 408 dropped it down from an 11.23 to a 10.50 with only 3 runs. With a few more runs to tweak and get the launch right I think we can get 10.30's out of it. That's basically a full second from 58 cubic inches. The best part about it is that we can hit it with more juice now that the bottom end is bulletproof. Once we reach a point where it just won't go any quicker, it's either more cam, more juice, or a diet to get it into the 9's.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
BMR Fabrication said:
Yes, the 408 dropped it down from an 11.23 to a 10.50 with only 3 runs. With a few more runs to tweak and get the launch right I think we can get 10.30's out of it. That's basically a full second from 58 cubic inches. The best part about it is that we can hit it with more juice now that the bottom end is bulletproof. Once we reach a point where it just won't go any quicker, it's either more cam, more juice, or a diet to get it into the 9's.
Too bad that you guys couldn't be at SEMA, yours is a car I really want to see in person.

What will she run without the juice?

·
21,898 Posts
i really need a video, oh and I should come down to BMP one time to watch that beast run.....

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Thats pretty damn awsome, did you guys notice any suspension problems with the added front end weight? Does the front end sag at all?

I'd also like to see a all motored pass from this 408. You guys are still using the stock 3.46 gears right?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[QUOTE='91 Formula]Any runs with the 408 on just motor?

How is it you increased the juice by 50 and cubes by 62 and only gained .4 and 4 mph?
http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5815

I still cant believe that tranny is still holding up! :eek2:[/QUOTE]

The 10.98 pass was with the current nitrous settings which apparently were too much for the stock pistons. Realistically, 62 cubes gave us 5/10ths(10.98 to 10.50) with only 3 passes to test with, if we could have gotten in another few passes, I know we could have gotten in the 40's. The motor also added 80 lbs so we basically gave up a tenth their also.

We made 2 NA runs, one 12.10 and one 12.14. The motor has a nitrous biased cam so NA isn't as impressive as it could be. Once the motor gets fully broken in and we get some more tuning on it, I think it will run 11.80's NA.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GMH GTO said:
Thats pretty damn awsome, did you guys notice any suspension problems with the added front end weight? Does the front end sag at all?

I'd also like to see a all motored pass from this 408. You guys are still using the stock 3.46 gears right?
Yep, still 3.46's.

·
21,898 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts