LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No I'm not a GTO owner, but being a TBSS owner I figured we had something important in common.

I have never been out to Gateway to run, but I know they have a Street Tire Test and Tune every Tuesday night running through 17 October. I was planning on heading out there on the 10th of October to get a few passes in with a buddy in his LT1 f-body.

I was wondering if any of you guys were planning on heading out there on that night, or if anybody has any experience there.

What is the track like?
Crowds and overall atmosphere?
Helmet or other saftey related stuff?

Sorry for the noob questions. Thanks in advance for the help and hopefully I'll see some of you there. :patriot:

·
Resident workaholic
2,250 Posts
arn710 said:
What is the track like?
Crowds and overall atmosphere?
Helmet or other saftey related stuff?
-The track is cool. It's generally very well prepped and the guys and gals that work there are pretty cool as well.
-Crowds....if it's a cool night ya might wanna get there early, 'cause everyone's trying to get in their last runs before the season's over. But otherwise, everyone's pretty cool. Lots of sweet cars and trucks that show up. The other night when I was there, a guy in a Ford GT was staged behind me...very cool guy, popped the hatch to let me look and the engine and everything.
-If your a 13 second car (which you :quoties:should be:quoties:)...bring a helmet. Hoping to be running in the 13's?...bring one just in case.

Maybe 03EBZ06 will chime in....he seems to be up there quite a bit.

·
HP Junkie
444 Posts
Yellow Fellow and I were up there this past Tuesday, I think I saw 03EBZ06 there as well. It was busy but damn they had some fast cars there!

·
Resident workaholic
2,250 Posts
I might be up there on the 10th with a buddy...possibly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts