LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 05 with no real mods and been chalanged to race him on a 750 rice burner ,and he wants 2 car lenths .i would think that bike would walk away from me easily.
so
1. do i just say no
2 race even
3 make us both carry a passenger lol
4 only race him in the rain lol

·
Buy a Hybrid. I Need Your Gas
3,883 Posts
1. If there's no money involved, just do it.
2. Dead even
3. Don't race with passengers. Think of liability issues.
4. That's a really bad idea...

If there's no cash on the line, just go for it and see what happens.
If you know what kind of bike it is, you can find out the weight and power online. That'll give you a good idea of the power/weight ratio difference between the two vehicles and a general idea of how many lengths to ask for/give him (if any).

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just trying to weigh him down a bit ,bike is like 500 lb with id say 70 hp
car is 4000 (im 260lb)with 400 hp

·
Registered
34 Posts
maybe im missing the first half of this conversation, but let me get this clear for me.
1. someone on a 750 sport bike wants to race you, but you have to give him Two?
2.why?
3. what year bike? Lowered? gears? stretched?

Do you realize that a bone stock 600RR runs 10.3x's with a good rider and a 750 can run 10.5x's with a good rider, while your 05 "stock" gto runs probably high 12's -low 13's at best.

let me give you the benefit of the dought and pretend you have heads, cam, bolts ons, a tire and a kit and run 11.2x's. You do the math from there!
If this guy has a newer 750 (lets say 2002-present) and HAS lowered the bike and geared it, he would "theoretically" be running high 9's.

Have fun and dont bring your lunch money! LMFAO...

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats my point so make him carry some more weight .im more or less stock.kn drop in 275 nittos ,drag bags ,and a handheld tuner

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
HotRodKush said:
1. If there's no money involved, just do it.
2. Dead even
3. Don't race with passengers. Think of liability issues.
4. That's a really bad idea...

If there's no cash on the line, just go for it and see what happens.
If you know what kind of bike it is, you can find out the weight and power online. That'll give you a good idea of the power/weight ratio difference between the two vehicles and a general idea of how many lengths to ask for/give him (if any).
+1 Race him dead even. He has to know how to launch the bike this way which is harded than most people think. By giving him a few lengths you'll be giving him a fudge factor he doesn't need and the win. I've taken out more than one bike this way;)

·
Clean is good...
2,470 Posts
Whatever you decide to do Tom, be safe brother. Life comes at you 'real quick' and well, you know the story.

Tom.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok he just sweetened the pot a little to much to say no to
details
he just got a zx 10 and has raised the bar .
i run a 1/8 mile to his 1/4 mile
so im running like 8.20 in the 1/8 at like 87-88 mph
an 8.20 on a bike is going to be like 175-185 mph
just dont think he can make that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts