LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i only have 1700 miles on the gto and i cant help but notice the mpg never goes over the 13 mark i do mostly city driving and i dont mash the pedel too often. what could be the cause of this is this normal for city driving or is it because its still breaking in?? thanks guys

·
got goat milk?
361 Posts
damn thats pretty low. im averaging 18-19+ MPG on my 04 A4 with k&n filter and catback. used to be around 14-15mpg. those two helped a lot. even better if you get long tubes and a tune.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Is That Using The Computer Or Actual Mpg Gallons Div By Miles 2005 A4 18-20 MPG thats with mashing the pedal at least once everytime i drive it.

·
Maggie Powered
327 Posts
i get 15-17 in town and 18-20 with a maggie and that is miles divided by gal and driving normal

·
Registered
208 Posts
LS2GTO05 said:
i get 15-17 in town and 18-20 with a maggie and that is miles divided by gal and driving normal
+1.....for the city. I have yet to be on the highway more than a few minutes at a time (M6 btw).

·
Unregistered User (dont tell)
640 Posts
I have an A4 and get 13-14mpg (dic reading) despite not driving the car very hard. I also have zero oil burn after each of my 4K mile oil changes. I believe the low mileage is simply a factor of driving all city miles while accelerating a 3800lbs car from a dead stop fairly often. I was getting 13.8-14mpg, but then I changed my TCC lockup speed to 62mph from 40 or so mph and that lost 0.5mpg so now I am at a very constant 13.3mpg. I do get a 21-21.5mpg average on highway trips.

·
Registered
335 Posts
For stock, this is normal. My commute is 15min on an express way with some light traffic and I get 13.1 mpg (My shoe size is also 13, not sure if this is a coincidence?). On the freeway, averaging 70mph I get 24mpg.
How often do you chirp 2nd?

This is on a M6.

·
1 of 417
107 Posts
from about 1,200 - 1,500 miles i was getting the same mileage. i drive through the city alot and when i actually drive on the freeway i'm in stop and go traffic.

i'm getting around 19mpg now (2,XXXmi). i use cruise control, shift at 2100rpm, no A/C, and drive the speed limit. also, i got rid of the cags.

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh im sorry its a a4 when i first got it and drove 120 miles highway i was getting 20mpg but now it sucks

·
DFCO ain't working
321 Posts
City driving = sucky gas mileage. I average 20-21 with mostly highway miles.
If I'm driving around town I usually skip a few gears and use 1-3-5.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I suggest getting a tune.

·
Pure Power
485 Posts
Yeah im getting around 13ish city. I only work 20mins away, and im on the highway for about 1/3 of that. Plus i just broke the 600+ mile mark, and started to drive it a little harder.

·
Registered
335 Posts
06gtobuyer said:
:gears: Who cares, it could get 8 - 10 mpg and it is still a blast to drive! :gears:
agreed. If mpg is a concern get a toyota. Drive it like you want. Someone has to support the war!

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
get 'er tuned.

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
12.6 City, 16.9 Hwy. Either way its not cheap, but its fun as hell to drive.

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
weare138 said:
For stock, this is normal. My commute is 15min on an express way with some light traffic and I get 13.1 mpg (My shoe size is also 13, not sure if this is a coincidence?).
Im gonna go buy a size 27 shoe... I'll let you know what happens :turbonaug

1 - 20 of 32 Posts