LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Turbo IS300
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm prob gonna have to put stiffer springs lol I think I'm pushing the limit hard now. I have some 2 way vikings on order to help stiffen up the compression to help with not tucking to hard in the rear.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire

·
Turbo IS300
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you minitubed?
No. The shock towers were moved further in, the quarter lip cut, quarters were pushed out as much as possible from the inside and the little seam on the control arms cut down.

Reactions: bo06gto

·
Registered
364 Posts
No. The shock towers were moved further in, the quarter lip cut, quarters were pushed out as much as possible from the inside and the little seam on the control arms cut down.
Did you do the pushing of the quarter or done for you. I'm looking to do this to mine since the lips are already rolled. I'm not a body guy and everywhere I call they wont do it. Sorry for all the questions but I'm looking to get a bigger tire also in the rear.
TIA

·
Turbo IS300
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Done in the backyard. 2x4s and a bottle jack. Small movements around the arch pushing the quarter edge from the inside. 2x4 on both sides for base and distribution of force from jack

·
Registered
364 Posts
Done in the backyard. 2x4s and a bottle jack. Small movements around the arch pushing the quarter edge from the inside. 2x4 on both sides for base and distribution of force from jack
Thank you much appreciated 🙏🏽

·
Seriously?
2,020 Posts
And to think I am sweating a little on widened 18s with 285s...

·
Seriously?
2,020 Posts
Do you have a pic of the car from straight behind it? I am liking what I am seeing here. Giving me more confidence about my setup. Good work by you.

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
551 Posts
How much room did that give you?

I was thinking of doing this, but I'm ALSO going to have to minitub it. I already have the tubs from G-Force; ut as it sits right now, my car is suspended in the air and the inner part of the rear tire (near the 10 O'Clock area) is already touching.
- - - - - BUT - - - - -
any advice as to what or how you did the 1/4 panel push???

My wheel of choice are the CTS-V "Diamond's". Fronts were narrowed to 8" w/ 265 (General Tire's) and rears are the 'stock' 9.5" w/ 295 (General Tire's). I may eventually go with a set of 10.5" out back, but I just want to get the car on the road and driving.

·
Turbo IS300
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much room did that give you?

I was thinking of doing this, but I'm ALSO going to have to minitub it. I already have the tubs from G-Force; ut as it sits right now, my car is suspended in the air and the inner part of the rear tire (near the 10 O'Clock area) is already touching.
- - - - - BUT - - - - -
any advice as to what or how you did the 1/4 panel push???

My wheel of choice are the CTS-V "Diamond's". Fronts were narrowed to 8" w/ 265 (General Tire's) and rears are the 'stock' 9.5" w/ 295 (General Tire's). I may eventually go with a set of 10.5" out back, but I just want to get the car on the road and driving.
I dont remember man. It was like 9 or 10 years ago LOL. The little fender lip is cut, the LCA casting mold lip is cut, the quaters are pushed out, the strut tower moved inward and custom wheels.

·
Turbo IS300
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats definitely going to rub. good luck tho!
Its not rubbing while driving on the street! Put the Viking 2 ways on and they control the squat perfectly.

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
551 Posts
I dont remember man. It was like 9 or 10 years ago LOL. The little fender lip is cut, the LCA casting mold lip is cut, the quaters are pushed out, the strut tower moved inward and custom wheels.
👍
Oh...O.K.! I was hoping you knew. I'm going to guess you easily gained a good 1/2" on the outer edge. That's about all I would need.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts