LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
6 Speed 10 sec Club
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See my full thread here...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106649

I was barely launching the car in fear of breaking something in the driveline, I'm pretty sure I could save off a few tenths if I wanted... stay tuned too... should be 135+ in about 2 weeks ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Very nice!

·
6 Speed 10 sec Club
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doric said:
Wait - STS turbos don't work. Everyone knows that. :p

Congrats - great times.
Hahaha, yea that's ehat all the local guys say too... maybe they'll change their tune...

·
WILDMAN805
692 Posts
BADASSSS!!! See that is why I am building my LT1 Trans Am with 8.5:1 compression with an STS turbo running a T70 turbo @ 12-15psi. Should put out 700rwhp and be a daily driver. Who says STS turbos don't work. hahhahaahah.....Quick question HYDRO do you run methanol injection or do you believe in adding a big front mount intercooler. I heard the piping only cools the charge up to 8psi.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Very nice trap speeds man! Keep it up, that thing will be in the 10s before you know it. Better plan on a 6pt cage if you want to continue going to the track!

·
6 Speed 10 sec Club
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually run meth AND a FMIC. One is good, both must be better right? The meth actually acts as additional which is mostly the reason why I'm running it.

Yea I've been thinking about a cage. I don't want it to intrude on my entering and exiting the car though, so I'll have to do removable sidebars. I know they're not technically IHRA legal but I don't think my local track will care much as long a I'm not in pilot territory. Good luck with your build Trakday, I've been kinda using you as a benchmark.. haha.

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
HydroStream6 said:
I actually run meth AND a FMIC. One is good, both must be better right? The meth actually acts as additional which is mostly the reason why I'm running it.

Yea I've been thinking about a cage. I don't want it to intrude on my entering and exiting the car though, so I'll have to do removable sidebars. I know they're not technically IHRA legal but I don't think my local track will care much as long a I'm not in pilot territory. Good luck with your build Trakday, I've been kinda using you as a benchmark.. haha.

don't know about IHRA but swing out door bars ARE legal in NHRA..

Nice times...

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Perdieu said:
don't know about IHRA but swing out door bars ARE legal in NHRA..

Nice times...
This is correct, and you actually only need a 5pt and the removable door bar is fine. I have been to the track with mine and no issues!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts