LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, we got a chance to do some tuning today. Below is the before and after dyno for my car. The injectors (42lb) are at 94% duty cycle, and fuel pressure is steady at 50psi at wot. This is all on 91 octane pump gas. Below are the mods I had before, and what I have now.

The mods that did not change:
-Full 2.5" dual exhaust into a 2-1 muffler at the rear.(3 mufflers, 2 cats)
-Fuddle 3200 stall converter
-K&N Cone Filter

This is what I had before in addition to the above mods.
-MP112 1:1 rear ratio, 2.9" pulley on the front (11.5 psi)
-Stock throttle body ported
-Stock descreened maf

This is what I have now in addition to the mods up top.
-MP122 1:1 rear ratio, 2.9" pulley on the front (13.5psi)
-UMI 90mm throttle body
-GM 85mm MAF
-Magnavolt

This is a stock engine, stock manifold, stock tranny car. Here is the before and after.

434/460 before
485/456 after

I'm sure some people will be happy, and others dissapointed. Post up what you feel, I'm sure Magnuson will be listening. I have tried to be as straight forward, and honest as possible, as not to sway anyone's opinion. For me, this blower is great. The car pulls very hard, and I'm sure the MPH will be there at the drag strip as well. I should have timeslips on the 23rd.

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
love it. what was the overall gain over your last dyno? thats what really matters here!

·
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jcain said:
love it. what was the overall gain over your last dyno? thats what really matters here!
50 peak hp. But look at how the power, and torque don't fade at the top now. Blue is the new graph, green is the old.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
Looks goo to me. The TQ holds on longer and there is more HP.

What's up with the A/F?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
thats what i was expecting. you going to go back and mess with the tune more and get more out of it? and how close are you to maxing out the blower RPM ?

·
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ddawson said:
Looks goo to me. The TQ holds on longer and there is more HP.

What's up with the A/F?
Tuning issues due to injectors, and maf. Richard will explain in his Tuning section post later.

·
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jbss71 said:
thats what i was expecting. you going to go back and mess with the tune more and get more out of it? and how close are you to maxing out the blower RPM ?
I doubt I will try to get more out of it to be honest. I am going to do the 8.1L bucket mod to get the fuel pressure up, and the duty cycle down. At that point, we may be able to smooth out the fuel curve more, and gain some more power. However, I am pretty satisfied where it is right now. I was expecting 480, so I am happy.

·
Registered
593 Posts
24v:

You are right about the graph hp on the top. Huge difference, more than the peak dyno numbers reveal. Little fall off. Hope the Rubbermaid holds on to the car at the end of the track. Congrats!

·
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jcain said:
awesome gains
so now what about the hood (besides the tupperware)?
2.5" cowl is on the way. I still need to find someone to do the bodywork.

·
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JRM346 said:
24v:

You are right about the graph hp on the top. Huge difference, more than the peak dyno numbers reveal. Little fall off. Hope the Rubbermaid holds on to the car at the end of the track. Congrats!
Unfortunately, I doubt the rubbermaid would pass tech.:(

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
nice nice. love the car. cant wait to trade drives/rides with you at magnaflow :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
24v, did they mention when the 122 would be for sale to the general public,and just wondering why didnt the people who install the 122 do the testing and tuning,its been a long wait to see what kind of #'s this thing would produce,would this be a wise upgrade for those looking for more power.

·
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jamar320 said:
24v, did they mention when the 122 would be for sale to the general public,and just wondering why didnt the people who install the 122 do the testing and tuning,its been a long wait to see what kind of #'s this thing would produce,would this be a wise upgrade for those looking for more power.
Magnuson did not do the tuning becuase I told them Richard would take care of that for me. he is a great tuner, and I trust him 100% to make my car correct. Not taking anything away from Magnuson, but I am comfortable with Richard, and we have done great with the car so far. As for when it will be for sale, I have no idea. I am posting up everything I know, here, as I learn it.

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
I want to see this on an LS2 with big headers and maybe a cam before I decide. I really think the manifolds are holding this thing back.

·
:mrrg:
10,466 Posts
This is probably a dumb question, could you have gotten similar power with the 112 at 13.5 psi? Is it even possible to get to that with the 112?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
abepro said:
This is probably a dumb question, could you have gotten similar power with the 112 at 13.5 psi? Is it even possible to get to that with the 112?
unless i got my pulley sizes mixed up a 112 with his old setup was close to max blower rpm,

·
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
abepro said:
I don't believe so. You would have trouble finding a pulley that would not slip on the 112. 13.5 psi would require a 2.6, and that would slip.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts