LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this an issue with the app or is my oil pressure sender faulty? Found an old post that said I'd have service oil lights/messages but I don't have any of that. I just got the same evap small leak code I get from time to time and after scanning and clearing that I went back to see how the temp and oil pressure were and it was just stuck on 129.5psi solid.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's time for another sensor. I would check the wiring with a volt meter before throwing a new sensor on it.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried resetting the app, but just now I tried a different phone and got 130.1 psi without the engine running. Guess I'll be doing a sensor or getting out the ol multimeter and learning how to test these or something.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Which Bluetooth ODBII adapter are using? Have you ruled it out? I am using the BAFX adapter. No issues so far.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which Bluetooth ODBII adapter are using? Have you ruled it out? I am using the BAFX adapter. No issues so far.
I hadn't considered that. I have no real way of testing it though. I had planned at some point to do the dash board gauges, oil pressure for one and I guess wideband for the other (I have an old AEM uego I think it's called that I never used). I think I had decided on Mavman but it's been a while. Anyway I'm pretty sure whichever one it was just taps into the existing wiring in the dash and therefore uses the same info that this app does. I guess that would rule it out if I did that. Nothing else seems to be reading out of range though. Idk, I'll look into it.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this is quite the coincidence: check oil light

I took it to the dealer yesterday and after they put it on the Tech 2 I was told that the pressure sender was stuck at 129 PSI. This was with the key on and the car not running.
Again, not getting any warning lights but 129? Seems like a slam dunk.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Realized the other day that I never updated this. I replaced the sensor with an AC Delco 12616646 and though it seems to read just a touch lower than before (dips into the high 20s at idle when hot), it was indeed the sensor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts