LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend ran his Blue GTO today in Chicago (forget the track) with only 1200 miles. He had a 2.0 60ft.

He stated he had crazy wheel hop in 2nd gear otherwise it should have been better.

Oh, and he is completely stock.

Hopefully he will chime in he is on the boards once and a while.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Nice times for a stock goat.

Doc

·
Been here for a long time...
4,662 Posts
Nice. Just heard from a buddy of mine that he went 13.58 with his bone stock A4. That is one of the quickest times I've heard of an A4 running.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah the track was byron. The wheel hop in 2nd gear was nuts. Had to let out of the gas, then get right back in it. Losing precious time with the mad wheel hop.
[email protected] with a 2.046 60 ft.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Blitzu you planning on going to the track again this year? Me and you need to go.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Joe you still planning on going to the track sunday? Wish I could come join in on the fun.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I've had my GTO for a week and a half now. I pulled a [email protected] in my m6. 2.0 sec 60ft. This car is bone stock, 1500 mi, didn't lower air pressure at all.

I think I can get a better launch and with different shift pts, I can get 13.5 easy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice run :thumbs:. I had my rear tires at 25psi. I think if it weren't for the bad wheel hop in 2nd and having to get out of the throttle and back in it I might have hit a 13.5 also. I dont think the car will make it to the track again before its modded. O well just wanted an idea for a basline.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Dean360 said:
Yeah the track was byron. The wheel hop in 2nd gear was nuts. Had to let out of the gas, then get right back in it. Losing precious time with the mad wheel hop.
[email protected] with a 2.046 60 ft.
I can relate to the mad wheel hop. I had the same thing first time I went. Wasn't so bad with the drag radials.

But WOW, a [email protected], all stock, mad wheel hop, 60' over two seconds... that's an AMAZING time considering all those parameters. Truly amazing. (cough cough) :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Too bad I can't go back stock and try for better times... :secret: I just installed my SLP loudmouth today! :hail: The weather was perfect the day I went to the track which helped, the Density altitude was only 75 feet! I was happy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
FLORIT said:
I can relate to the mad wheel hop. I had the same thing first time I went. Wasn't so bad with the drag radials.

But WOW, a [email protected], all stock, mad wheel hop, 60' over two seconds... that's an AMAZING time considering all those parameters. Truly amazing. (cough cough) :)

not really went 13.49 with a 2.0 60 at 103.?? today in an auto.

good weather this time of the year

sup ROB :)

·
'05 GTO Nationals - St. Louis
116 Posts
:banghead:
and I had to work like hell to get mine down to a 2.18 60', 13.55 @ 104.75 with CAI, tuning, and SLP cat-back.
Then again, all the stock GTOs were running low 14's that day.....

Nice times. I'm just jealous. :)

·
3,327 Posts
Dont ask me, I cant get below a 14.5, and I was PROUD of that. (Hangs head in shame).

Like I said before, it is not the car, it is the driver.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts