LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 4th fill up of gas. I put on 187.37 miles and put 13.476 gallons in the tank. Thats 13.90 MPG. I guess it was a fluke that I once got 18.5 MPG. I hope that will all change with the weather (once it warms up).

·
Registered Cruiser
77 Posts
It seems to me that you're living up to your name. Highway I get about 30mpg and putting around town gets me about 18-19mpg. I know for a fact that I've used a whole tank in about 190 miles, but that was giving it WOT at every occasion around town (LS1/M6). I don't know how much of an effect the temp has on mileage. I doesn't get that cold here.

Mick

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QIKMIK said:
It seems to me that you're living up to your name. Highway I get about 30mpg and putting around town gets me about 18-19mpg. I know for a fact that I've used a whole tank in about 190 miles, but that was giving it WOT at every occasion around town (LS1/M6). I don't know how much of an effect the temp has on mileage. I doesn't get that cold here.

Mick

Ive been going easy on it. I do give it some gas sometimes but I go easy most of the time.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Either you are doing nothing but city driving, are lying to us, or have a very different definition of going easy on it. I've seen about 18 mpg in my GTO before it was taken away from me (grumble) on about 60/40 highway to city driving. At the same point, I was NOT going easy on it.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
The reformulated gas up here in winter also lends to bad fuel economy as does cold weather.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have 837 miles on the car and Ive filled it up 4 times. Its been below freezing for the last 3 weeks with temps below 0 for about a week. Here in Chicago we use reformulated gas which sucks ass for performance. As for my driving I do mostly city driving. I dont floor it when I start off, I keep it about 10mph over the speed limit so I wont get a ticket and even on the highway I keep it about 15 over the limit. I'm just going to wait until spring to see if it improves.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
It's all driving habits and weather. Cold weather will kill your MPG just like driving with a lead foot.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Average MPG Calculations???? Does anybody know?

can the trip computers on the 2005 GTO be "personalized" so that average MPG calculations are maintained as a moving average over a number of gasoline fill ups?

speed_demon_freak said:
Well I have 837 miles on the car and Ive filled it up 4 times. Its been below freezing for the last 3 weeks with temps below 0 for about a week. Here in Chicago we use reformulated gas which sucks ass for performance. As for my driving I do mostly city driving. I dont floor it when I start off, I keep it about 10mph over the speed limit so I wont get a ticket and even on the highway I keep it about 15 over the limit. I'm just going to wait until spring to see if it improves.

·
Got Zydrate?
2,450 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
This is my 4th fill up of gas. I put on 187.37 miles and put 13.476 gallons in the tank. Thats 13.90 MPG. I guess it was a fluke that I once got 18.5 MPG. I hope that will all change with the weather (once it warms up).
Don't count on the weather, check the tread depth of the rear tires instead
:gr_jest:

·
$30,000? ...Paint Optional?!?
3,495 Posts
Sounds about right, I get 14.8 mpg doing 90% city driving...These cars are gas guzzlers.

·
1994 Toyota Supra
2,586 Posts
Holy thread jump batman.

I am getting about 18.5. I do about 100 miles of highway driving everyday and have 4500 miles on my 05, and it is an auto.

·
Clean is good...
2,470 Posts
I Got1 said:
can the trip computers on the 2005 GTO be "personalized" so that average MPG calculations are maintained as a moving average over a number of gasoline fill ups?
Yes, just don't reset the computer when you fill up...it continues to roll on and on.

Tom :driving: :burnout:

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
I have to think and work my M6 around town to break 14 mpg. If I "just drive it" I get more like 12 mpg city, 20-24 highway.

34k miles, I had one sheriff's deputy pull up beside me to tell me he loved the exhaust note, no other LEO attention.

·
2005 GTO m6
756 Posts
swmn said:
I have to think and work my M6 around town to break 14 mpg. If I "just drive it" I get more like 12 mpg city, 20-24 highway.

34k miles, I had one sheriff's deputy pull up beside me to tell me he loved the exhaust note, no other LEO attention.
I have been getting about 14mpg driving to work and back with average MPH at 30, and I got almost a 400 mile range with a fillup of 17gallons on the way to Maryland and back.

Sam

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I'm pretty hard on the throttle but I average 320 miles per tank. I got 19.8 yesterday to Chy town and back. If I behave I can get 21.6 Hwy 17 is average for the City

·
Lil Cosmos GTO
507 Posts
If u are getting 13 mpg and think u r driving easy, I would not wish to be riding with u if u were driving it hard. Or maybe, I would. Something to ponder.

·
Problem Gambler
6 Posts
When it is in the mid-100's (Las Vegas) around here I only get about 12-14 mpg driving it easy enough to activate the 1-4 cags. THese things eat gas like lineman at a buffet when it's 118 out.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts