LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...

Had my chance Sunday morning heading south on the I-5 thru Camp Pendleton at 5:00 AM. 16 miles of straight freeway and no tail lights as far as I could see. Wound the goat up and let her rip. WOW! Had the brights on high so I could watch for highway bananas but the goat didn't even complain at 140! Held her there for about 15 seconds and coasted back to 80 mph.

I LOVE this damn car! :hail:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
What you didn't want to go 141? It does get there easy doesn't it?
:p :p

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
Hey Samurai... i'll join the club on our next trip out to the lake... lots of looooong straight roads just begging to be BBQ'd

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tails said:
What you didn't want to go 141? It does get there easy doesn't it?
:p :p
Wayyyyyyy Tooooooooo easy! :hail: :hail: :hail:

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GTO4Ever said:
Hey Samurai... i'll join the club on our next trip out to the lake... lots of looooong straight roads just begging to be BBQ'd
Do it Mike! Just be careful and make sure there's no traffic around. No reaction time at those speeds! :hail: :hail: :hail:

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
redgtosamurai said:
Do it Mike! Just be careful and make sure there's no traffic around. No reaction time at those speeds! :hail: :hail: :hail:
Mike...

there is a stretch of desert out past Desert Center on the way to Parker...

only thing to worry about out there is the damn CHP in their spotter planes....

we are in the neighborhood now, need to get together...maybe cruise night at Friscos this wednesday? :driving:

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
u guys going to SFO im 15 min from there......the city is not a good place to drive alot traffic and nutty ass drivers..right out where i am theres tons of awsome roads you guys should head over here.im only 15 min from the city .

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
zbaron said:
u guys going to SFO im 15 min from there......the city is not a good place to drive alot traffic and nutty ass drivers..right out where i am theres tons of awsome roads you guys should head over here.im only 15 min from the city .
we're bringing the goat up that way next month, i have friends in Benicia and Walnut creek.... should be a lot of fun

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
zbaron said:
i live in walnut creek let me know if you guys want an extra GTO around for a drive ..i know all the killer roads around...
sounds like a plan, i'll message you and let you know when we are coming up...

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GTO4Ever said:
Mike...

there is a stretch of desert out past Desert Center on the way to Parker...

only thing to worry about out there is the damn CHP in their spotter planes....

we are in the neighborhood now, need to get together...maybe cruise night at Friscos this wednesday? :driving:
Now there's an idea! What time does it start?

·
GDV GTO
6 Posts
Hey guys im new here looked into this, had my car up to 145 the other night, gets there so easy quite a rush at that speed. Im so impressed with the way this car handles at high speeds--its like nothing!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
zbaron said:
cool i know few others with gto's to ,so maybe we can get a gto cruse going or something one day.ya just pm me..

Pls give me a shout if this gets put together. I'm in South San Jose.

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
Mikesan said:
Pls give me a shout if this gets put together. I'm in South San Jose.
you got it.... most likely first weekend in Nov

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
redgtosamurai said:
Now there's an idea! What time does it start?
beats me...i'll find out and let you know... most likely around 7

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GTO4Ever said:
beats me...i'll find out and let you know... most likely around 7
That's cool! I'm usually home by 6:15! :hail:

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
redgtosamurai said:
That's cool! I'm usually home by 6:15! :hail:
we'll be there about 6 or so.....

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
zbaron: if you're getting to SFO in 15 minutes from WC, you're using an invisibility spray that I'm not finding at Autozone! And you're right about the traffic. What roads are you thinking about for a drive?

This sounds like a great impromptu get together...I'll be watching for a plan to form.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts