LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these, or could post pics of them? Does BBS make an 18 inch that will fit?

I've always that BBS wheels that 'excutive' look to a car for some reason, a bit of sophistication. What I think would look great is a black or dark grey goat with smoked or slightly 'darkend' 18 inch BBS wheel. With the wing removed this would really looks like understated, sophisticated American muscle.

Thougths, links?

Thanks in advance.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Check out www.bigwheels.net . Most of the 18" BBS wheels are a 38mm offset which may cause rubbing up front but should be fine in the rear with a little fender rolling.

These look nice and come in 40mm offset (which should fit all around), RG-R's, but 17x8:

Padre

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Pefect Padre, thanks for the amazingly quick response. As a look for a Goat, what do you think of the BBS wheels?

Found these on Tirerack. Very GTO like as well, 18inch. Attached a pic with a GTI (Not GTO sadly) to give you an idea. I think they look kinda cool.

·
8,959 Posts
alextaylor29 said:
Pefect Padre, thanks for the amazingly quick response. As a look for a Goat, what do you think of the BBS wheels?
Hehe. I've been digging arouond on Bigwheels for a couple of weeks now. I ended up with OZ Superleggerras, which go on tomorrow. Here's how it should look:

I think the BBS wheels or similar style would look great. But do your research and make sure for 8" rims (whether 17 or 18) have at least a 40mm offset.

Good luck and post pics once you decide. :)

Padre

·
Registered
117 Posts
alextaylor29 said:

Found these on Tirerack. Very GTO like as well, 18inch. Attached a pic with a GTI (Not GTO sadly) to give you an idea. I think they look kinda cool.
Very nice rims, does these come in Chrome? Also, hey Padre, what about the rims that are on some new vettes? I can't think of the name of them, but they are BBS style. I was planning on getting some until I saw the price, way to steep for me. I'll try to find the name of them.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Some of the BBS wheels for BMW's have an offset that would fit. You might also look into ASA wheels. Some are BBS designs (licensed by BBS) for a lot less money and might have an offset that would fit nicer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Check out www.bigwheels.net . Most of the 18" BBS wheels are a 38mm offset which may cause rubbing up front but should be fine in the rear with a little fender rolling.

These look nice and come in 40mm offset (which should fit all around), RG-R's, but 17x8:

Padre
Hey Padre, I found the rims I was talking about on the MTI website. Here is the link:

http://www.motorsporttech.com/fbody_wheels_tires01.asp

You can see the ones I was talking about, I like the FM/10's

·
8,959 Posts
ogandbooboo said:
You can see the ones I was talking about, I like the FM/10's
Yeah, those look a lot like the BBS RG-R's I posted above. But I doubt they'll fit - F-body rims have a different bolt-pattern than the Goat. (F-bodies are 5x4.75" and Goats are 5x120mm.)

They also look like these:

http://www.bigwheels.net/wheel_view.jsp?modelid=836&brand=TSW&model=Kyalami

You can get these in an offset that fits (40mm) on 18x8's. And not a bad price: $199. I've been happy with my TSW's.

Padre

·
Registered
430 Posts
You can get the Fikse wheels in a bolt pattern for the GTO, but they are very expensive wheels.

·
Registered
117 Posts
flyinlow said:
You can get the Fikse wheels in a bolt pattern for the GTO, but they are very expensive wheels.
Yeah the Fiske's were the ones I was talking about, fit all GM cars including the GTO's. Just doesn't fit my price.....ouche :eek2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
See this website
ogandbooboo said:
Yeah the Fiske's were the ones I was talking about, fit all GM cars including the GTO's. Just doesn't fit my price.....ouche :eek2:
Response from Fiske..... If money were no object these are the ultimate in looks in my opinion. Would love to get a set of these. Here is the response I got from Fiske when I inquired about our cars. They even followed up with additional emails. Seem like a first class outfit. Who ever gets them first... please post the pictures.

Hi Larry:

We are currently offering our Profil series forged modular wheels for the
new Pontiac GTO in the following sizes:

17x8.0"
18x8.0"

The retail price for the 17x8.0" is $849.00 ea. and we can offer you a
discounted price of $722.00 ea.

The retail price for the 18x8.0" is $1,069.00 and we can offer these to you
at $909.00 ea.

Thank you for your interest in Fikse wheels, please let us know if we can
provide any additional info, and if you would like to place an order.

Sincerely,

Jim Fikse

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man, 1K per wheel, *LOL*.

That's really quite....

Amazing.

:D

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
alextaylor29 said:
Man, 1K per wheel, *LOL*.

That's really quite....

Amazing.

:D
My thoughts exactly. What are they made out of and how much do they weigh (something exotic like Inconel and weigh only a lb sounds about right for that price lol)?

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
18" BBS wheels. I have them

I have 18" BBS wheels for GTO's Had to have them custom done. They look great. You can click on my DSM icon on the left and look for them on my site, or click on the attachment. I also have some high end OZ wheels

dms

http://community.webshots.com/photo/126849021/126855107GAHozN

These are 18" wheels with Goodwrich KDW 245/40R18 tires

Check out the "OZ" wheels below. They are a split configuration with 245/40R18 fronts and 275/35R18 rears. Falkens installed.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/126849021/143116278ydQrwW

I am partial to the non chrome look on the GTO's. I have not seen a better non chrome wheel that I like better than these 2.

dms

1 - 14 of 14 Posts