LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this everywhere. I hope someone has the answer.

Need your help again guys. Decided on the Alessio F1's in 18" size. Dealer only has 5x120 with 38 offset. Stock offset is 35.42. Here's the question. Will they fit? Going to run 245/40/18 which should be fine, just worried about the offset. Hope you guys can help.

Thanks again,

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
I have looked into rims and it seems that one could essentially put 245/35/19 tires with 19" rims on the car and only gain about a half inch in ride height. The tires are just over twenty five inches stock. The 245/35/19 tires will be just below twenty six inches tall. Bolt pattern is 120mm x 5, which is 4.72" x 5. Sorry I don't know the backspacing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does this mean my new rims I just bought for my Grand Prix GTP will not fit onto my new GTO?

GTP = 5-115 bolt pattern
GTO = 5-120 bolt pattern

Can someone confirm this? Thanks!

-Larmo

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess this means I'll be holding off on buying new rims for my GTP, then.... I'm kinda planning on a '05 GTO and would like to upgrade the rims if they come with the same rims as the '04.

·
Banned
504 Posts
cvp33 said:
Correct. Will not fit. Different bolt pattern. Backspacing could also be a problem. We STILL don't know what the GTO's backspacing is.

I'll have the backspacing issued figured out on Thursday. My Goat will be at ROH wheels for test fitting of 17, 18 & 19" wheels. I'll be posting pics soon there after.

It'll be at Baer brakes on Friday. :cool:

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Bought my rims in the beginning of December with the hopes that the car would be here by the time the rims got here. The rims arrived yesterday and boy are 19x8's big for a little car. I choose to put Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my new goat. The tires are going to be 1/2" taller than the stock 17" wheel and tires. 245/35/19 is the size tire I put on my rims.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howie said:
I'll have the backspacing issued figured out on Thursday. My Goat will be at ROH wheels for test fitting of 17, 18 & 19" wheels. I'll be posting pics soon there after.

It'll be at Baer brakes on Friday. :cool:
Seems strange that ROH need test fitting, considering they sell mags down under as well.

:confused:

·
Banned
504 Posts
VYSSUTE said:
Seems strange that ROH need test fitting, considering they sell mags down under as well.

:confused:

It is strange, but it had to be done because apparently no one at ROH/Simmons down under thought a 9" wide wheel would fit on the back! It does and they where astonished!! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts