LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
2004 Pontiac GTO
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my new 18x8" TSW Kyalami wheels and Falken Azenis ST115 tires...I really like the way these wheels "change" the look of the GTO.

Pictures are attached...Let me know what you think :)

·
2004 Pontiac GTO
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple more...

·
2004 Pontiac GTO
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And more....

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Looks great. Those wheels do set off the quicksilver very nicely!

Doc

Approx $$$ for the wheel/tire combo if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Sharp man, very sharp. Looks great with quicksilver. Thats a winner of a combo

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Very sharp! Only thing i'd change would be a nice set of Eibach Pro Kit springs to level out the car a bit and close the wheel gap.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I'm surprised @ the lip on those things given they're only 8"ers...Looks pretty good...Discount Tire is your friend eh? :)

·
Former GTO Owner
225 Posts
I really like that look. It's funny, I was looking at going with the Kyalami's before I decided on the Drift R's. I still like the aggressive look of the the Drift R's but I also really like the refined look of the Kyalami's, especially like others have said on your Quicksilver color.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice wheels - perfect compliment to the silver paint.

JJKJ, love the black wheels - I have a black/red m6 and that really makes the car look badass.

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
Does the Pontiac center cap fit?

·
2004 Pontiac GTO
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the compliments, guys :)

I spent alot of time researching the wheel choices for the GTO before deciding on the Kyalamis...I wanted something other than a 5-spoke as they have become far too common these days IMO...

The 18" wheels & tires were $1388 delivered to my door :) Yes, Discount Tire is my friend. You can't beat the prices at Discount Tire Direct. They ship for free! Took me all of 1/2 hour to mount all 4 wheels/tires on the car. They came with hubcentric rings and I used the stock lugs because they are hidden by the lug cover "plate"....worked perfectly!

The tires are pretty nice for low dollar Falkens. They are super quiet as advertised and look good IMO. They are directional tires, so rotating will be slightly different than stock, but oh well....I have had Falkens before with good results.

Later :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put the 17x8's on mine the day after I picked it up from the dealer. I've been really happy with them. They look really nice with the silver too!

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
So whats the part number for those wheels? and exactly what size tires are they, are the front and rear the same size? I'd like to look into those, pretty nice setup.

·
2004 Pontiac GTO
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
04 LS1-MAN said:
So whats the part number for those wheels? and exactly what size tires are they, are the front and rear the same size? I'd like to look into those, pretty nice setup.
The TSW Kayalami part number is: 1880KYA405D40S76

The wheels are 18x8" with a 40mm offset.
The tires are 245/40-18, which is the "plus one" size for the GTO, having the same overall dimensions as the stock 245/45-17 tire.

Boefadeez said:
Does the Pontiac center cap fit?
I don't think it would fit, unless it was glued on to the TSW center cap somehow...the centercap on this wheel is about 6" in diameter and covers the lug nuts for a smooth look.

phobos512 said:
I'm surprised @ the lip on those things given they're only 8"ers...Looks pretty good...Discount Tire is your friend eh?
The lip is HUGE on these wheels! It measures 1-3/4" wide and curves towards the edge to create a very aggressive look - exactly what I was looking for :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts